Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trying to learn

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trying to learn

Went Thursday. A small lake I have been fishing since i was 12 years( thats 60 years ago). The water was very stained,and that is a confidence killer for me. Came down the pond to a deep hole that I had found them in before. I saw fish in about 7.5 feet, threw out marker and began to cast jigs. I got some lite hits on the retrieve. I felt they were herring roaches or pond roaches and I caught one eventually. Water dropped to about 14 feet and I caught 21 out of that hole.Some caught in shallow water , some in deep water. This includes a bass about 4 and a half pounds. Maybe the crappie were in the deeper water and coming into shallow water to feed or were beneath the roaches, Idon't know. Finding clearer water, trusting the electronics, and being persistant and letting these amazing fish show me a few new tricks made for a fun day. Water was 46 degrees and all fish were released to show me some new tricks later on. Keep on trying and learning and good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to stick it out even when you had little confidence....perserverence pays.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What bugman said. You learn the good stuff when things are tough. Light jigs, usually my hand ties, pull thru when they get lockjaw. Sometimes, nothing works. Ya done good!!
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You done good
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep