Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minnow buckets?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Minnow buckets?

What kind of air pump do you use to keep your minnows alive? Also i use a 20 Qt cooler to me a few dozen minnows in.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default air pump

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    What kind of air pump do you use to keep your minnows alive? Also i use a 20 Qt cooler to me a few dozen minnows in.
    Pete
    I use a "Bubble Box". Rated for up to 5 to 7 gal. I think. Does the job and works on two "D" batteries for up to 33 hours consistant use.

Bought it at Wally World for about 5.95 I think.
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

I have one from frabill that works good runs on 2 D batterys will run for a couple of days on. I took an old cooler drilled a hole just big enough to run the air tube thru the side of it. That way when the lid is down the hose doesnt get crimped off. Works good for me.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up This may be more than you need, but..

I use a 54 qt 2 handled chest cooler. I have made a spray bar out of PVC pipe, elbows, and a butt cap which then connects to a 450GPH pump. I then connect this to a Vexilar styled/size battery which is taped to the side to transport around. When I am in the boat, or motel room, I hook this up to a large deep cell battery instead. BTW A regular car battery will keep this going for about 24hrs. That is all I need for most tournaments. I just dip about a dozen out at a time and put those in a regular small styrofoam minnow bucket as I need them. This will keep about 2lbs of minnows alive for a few days with minimal losses.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cool Bubbles Minnow Bucket

I use a Cool Bubbles Minnow Bucket. This is a self-contained, insulated pail with a Bubbles Air Pump. Got off E-bay very cheap and works great for me, keeps shiners alive during summer great just add some ice.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Tinnitus so those bubble boxes drive me up the wall, I mean bulkhead. So I just keep my shiners in a champagne bucket. I drink a lot of water while out and take it frozen in 16 oz drink bottles. On hot days I just take a few extra and throw one in the bucket as needed to keep the water cool. Works great. I keep them at home in a bigger container the same way. It helps having well water and able to get it before the softener.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I have Tinnitus so those bubble boxes drive me up the wall, I mean bulkhead. So I just keep my shiners in a champagne bucket. I drink a lot of water while out and take it frozen in 16 oz drink bottles. On hot days I just take a few extra and throw one in the bucket as needed to keep the water cool. Works great. I keep them at home in a bigger container the same way. It helps having well water and able to get it before the softener.
    IBNFSHN - does the sound of an outboard idling bother you at all? I had a friend with Tinnitus that wouldn't go with me if I was planning a trolling attack - he couldn't stand the low moan of the outboard. Just curious as I had never heard (or knew) about the condition before I met him. He had more of a problem with "hissing" sounds then anything.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zig
    IBNFSHN - does the sound of an outboard idling bother you at all? I had a friend with Tinnitus that wouldn't go with me if I was planning a trolling attack - he couldn't stand the low moan of the outboard. Just curious as I had never heard (or knew) about the condition before I met him. He had more of a problem with "hissing" sounds then anything.
    No, for some reason that doesn't bother me. Just certain sounds. Its bad enough going thru life with a high pitched squeal in you head 24/7. So if I can do something to keep fram aggravating it, I do it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default minnows

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    Pete
    I use keep alive out of TAMPA FL. they have all sizes , you can control the amount of oxygen you pump in ----- runs off a small 12 vt. or in the boat I use the deep cycle batt. keeps several doz. going forever.
    perchjerker
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tinnitus

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    No, for some reason that doesn't bother me. Just certain sounds. Its bad enough going thru life with a high pitched squeal in you head 24/7. So if I can do something to keep fram aggravating it, I do it.
    I hear you regarding the Tinnitus. I've been dealing with this most of my life. Seems the winter is a bit worse for me. At least the high pitch squeal is higher.

Slamming a car door or a sudden cracking sound can set off a higher octave in my ears.

Luckly outboard and trolling noise doesn't aggravate it for me.

Hoot
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast