Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: just like yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Default just like yesterday

i hope it's allowed to honor my dad even though been gone 35 years. i'm blessed to be able to fish the same areas that daddy and i fished together from time i was old nuff to be carried in his arms or on his shoulders to some cove or even creek dad was a bank fishermen. sometimes when i'm floating some place like today at mallard it's like i can still see daddy sitting on that rocky point doing what he loved. i wonder what he would think today sitting with me in my high tech bass boat ''drowning'' minners or worms. i'm betting if there is fish in river of life up there they dont watch daddy close he be wetting a hook. miss him every day and i take my sister fishing every chance we get even manage get her in my boat. we visit with my pappa's memory. he taught me lot about fishing and more about living my life.

Post Thanks / Like

You bet, it's allowed. My dad has been gone for 37 years and my second dad has been gone for 17 years. Both of them played a major role in the person I am today. Miss them both and they stay in my thoughts.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep his memory alive in your heart. Bless you for posting it.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said. all of you. I still miss fishing with my dad and mom as well.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both