Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie beds

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie beds

Here is a picture of three beds that I build Sunday. They have 10 to 14 5ft pieces of PVC in blocks.
    Hope they work out. Plan on building about 20+ more in the next few weeks.
    My plan is to place 3 or 4 per spot. And using the Huminbird 987c SI I can find the creek points like the one in the picture to place them along. Do you think they will work in that S curve in the creek channel? places is marked with red.
    Pete

Last edited by ShilohRed; 08-01-2006 at 09:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

looks good. Places and beds. The ones I make look just like that except I use buckets. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Placement looks good,I put mine on channel drops most of the time. I have a question on PVC . Do you cap it or place a float to keep it upright?
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.
    I plan on lowering them with a rope. And drop them down a few times to settle on th bottom. Then drop one end of the rope and pull the rope back up.
    Also thinking about taking re bar and putting it out the sides on the next ones. And allow that to stick out and keep them from turning over.

Can't wait to see how well they show up on my depth finder. Also I think the humminbird is going to take a lot of the guess work out of placing crappie beds. Just leave way points where you need them and then go to it. I know now you can mark a bed off to the side 50ft from the boat and then go it it. So should be able to mark the places that needs the beds then go put them out.

Pete
    Last edited by ShilohRed; 08-02-2006 at 10:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

looks good to me. I put five out today. similiar to yours but I used the main stalk of bamboo with a few tops mixed in to give them a brushy look. Mine were about 6-7' tall. I used a large rubber maid container as a mold, then remove the concrete and pour again. I can pour six at at time and you can get the rubber maid containers at the dollar store pretty cheap. The blocks should work fine. The pvc takes longer to grow algae and attract fish, but it will be there for ever!
    LET IT RIP!

Post Thanks / Like

Once those things settle in on the bottom, ain't nothing gonna turn them over. Nothing will hang on them to turn them over. CF

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Shilohred,

I'd like to see some pics of those beds on your Humming bird when you get them out. I bet they look pretty cool. CF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefarmer
    Once those things settle in on the bottom, ain't nothing gonna turn them over. Nothing will hang on them to turn them over. CF
    I hope they do stay up. My plan is to have 100 or so out within the next year. And then keep adding each year. This kind and brush piles also
    I will post the pictures of the side scan when I get them out. AS of now my back is out. So waiting on a guy that is going to do all the work. And let me run the boat. LOL Come on Todd.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I know a guy in Paris, Tn. (WEEZER) that has the same idea you have. Both of you fake back problems just so I can do all of the darn work. It wouldn't be so bad if you guys appreciated it every now and then. I'm as nice as I can be to both of you. Both of you just keep giving me a hard time and I can't figure out why. HAHA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiehunter
    I know a guy in Paris, Tn. (WEEZER) that has the same idea you have. Both of you fake back problems just so I can do all of the darn work. It wouldn't be so bad if you guys appreciated it every now and then. I'm as nice as I can be to both of you. Both of you just keep giving me a hard time and I can't figure out why. HAHA!!!
    Man OOhh man We both take you fishing and play guide for you. And I have even fed you supper a time or 2 I think. LOL
    And now this.. man I see where your going. Get a gravy job and now its went to his head..
    Weezer what will we do with this wise guy??? And to think he even Marks the spots with his GPS so he is not out any $$ putting them out and now crys about it. :D

Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast