PDA

View Full Version : Crappie Happy

anchorpuller
08-01-2006, 03:34 PM
We took a night to fish together last week after Dad left. The kids drew straws to see who would get thier turn to go. I gotta say, he held out until after 1am before saying he was ready to go home.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/anchorpuller/Fishing048.jpg

Last night, I asked my daughter if she wanted to try an early morning trip. She said that she doesn't do mornings. Boy, Tommy just pounced on that one. He had his clock set and woke me at 5am. Today had an expected heat index of 105, so thank goodness for the early morning serenity calm and cool we experienced. We absolutely filled the ice chest, first with crappie then when we ran out of minnows a few cats. Between the two, we took a swim in a cove to cool off a bit. Made it home by noon...been cooling down ever since.
The water was about 85 degrees and the crappies were holding at about 6-8' down in 24' of water.
What a great day!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/anchorpuller/Fishing054.jpg

LBM
08-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Anchorpuller

What a site to see.

I see an addiction problem with that youngster that will probably be worse than mine. If only more folks could be afflicted in this manner the world would be a much better place.

Those pictures sure brought a smile to my face.

Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work.

David Waters
08-01-2006, 04:26 PM
nice picture AC. You don't see that look when a kid has a video game controller in his hand. That look only comes from catching a big crappie!

Good job. Keep it up.

labill
08-01-2006, 04:41 PM
AP, that is one happy boy! Won't be long he'll be hitting you up for his own boat. I love seeing that smile on a kid fishing!! LBN is spot on!

fish.on
08-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Awesome post. Keep up the good work.

ShilohRed
08-01-2006, 06:39 PM
From 1 to 10. I would rate that as a solid 30+ man that kid is happy. Way to go. You can bet you will have a fishing buddy there for a lot of years to come.
Pete

ribit
08-01-2006, 06:48 PM
School, lets go fishing mom. lol

Miller
08-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Great story, glad to a child so happy fishing. I wish that every kid in the world could go fishing once, I think there would be less mean people.

Jerry Blake
08-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Great pictures, Laura! It just doesn't get any better than putting smiles on their faces and giving them life-long memories.

CrappieLips
08-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Yep THAT"S one happy kid owe the memories he'll have when he gets older of you taking him fishing
I hope yall have another 50 or 60 years left of fishing together
That's a blessed site.

eastkycrappie
08-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Anchor that is one happy kid. I know when mine catches something I am usually more excited then they are.;) That is one priceless memory thanks for sharing.:)

deputyking
08-02-2006, 06:38 AM
Thanks for sharing the experience with us. You are making memories that will last a lifetime not only for you but for the Children also. I love to see parents spending time with their children. In a world of 2 income families and not enough quality time to spare, we sometimes leave the children to the mercy of growing up with others. Thanks for taking the time to be what every child needs----- One on One attention.

fishindaddyo
08-02-2006, 06:53 AM
that's a great way to spend some time together and have fun doing it. those are some nice slabs he landed and it's great his teacher is the person who has a positive influence on his outlook and appreciation of the simple things in life. Awesome. Can you help some of these other parents realize that?

Carl Palmer
08-02-2006, 07:11 AM
Anchorpuller, you did well----great post, that young man will always remember what you did for him.:)

skiptomylu
08-02-2006, 08:00 AM
Nice to see a kid having so much fun fishing. Keep the kids in the outdoor activities and they will remember it forever. My kids are now , well my youngest is 36 and they love to recall the old days fishing and hunting with me. These memories are really important.

I am glad you guys had so much good luck and fun!

CrappiePappy
08-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Won't be long before the two of them will be Crappie.com members, and giving advice & opinions to the rest of us ....... ;)
Tell Tommy and Kim that we're proud of them (and their Mom), and wish them continued success in their Crappie catching lives. ..... luc2ya'll .... cp :cool:

dsacalaitman
08-02-2006, 08:55 PM
thanks for keeping our fishing tradtion alive by passing it on to the next generation keep it up and that child has the best kool aide smile ive seen in a while :)

wrwest
08-03-2006, 01:58 PM
you did real good there...