Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: El Dorado Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default El Dorado Lake

Went out tonight for 1.5hrs and the crappie fishing was hot. Caught one after the other fishing 10 foot deep over 18 FOW. The bait fish was stacked up on a break and so were the crappie. There were some whites there also. Don't know for sure how many we caught as Craig wouldn't get the clicker out. I guess he didn't want me to get one up on him!! Had a great night and the winds wasn't that bad in the Triton.

Post Thanks / Like

WTG!! Good job on those suspended crappie!!
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do."
    Izaak Walton, 1653

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! I'm assuming these were all El Dorado dink crappie.

Where these fish on a usually spot or just a good looking break and they happened to be there yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice.Glad ya caught a bunch.I would think it would take a pretty hard wind to blow that boat around!
    Life is good today.

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to go get the clicker but I forgot my canteen and didn't want to hike from the front of the Triton all the way back to the console without any water!! That and someone kept saying 'here hold my fish!!' so I was busy!

Crappie size was nice Tim. Had some very nice slabs but yes Shane had to catch a 5-incher since the drum had lockjaw! I tried to catch a smaller one but Shane insisted he took 'top small fish' for the trip.

Threw 'em all back and hindsight being 20/20, we would've had plenty for a nice fish fry.

Post Thanks / Like

Should have used the elevator to get the one down below Craig.
    The Speed of a Rhino The Power of a Gazelle

Post Thanks / Like

Fish Fry sure sounds good right now Craig!
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Johnson View Post
    I was going to go get the clicker but I forgot my canteen and didn't want to hike from the front of the Triton all the way back to the console without any water!! That and someone kept saying 'here hold my fish!!' so I was busy!

Crappie size was nice Tim. Had some very nice slabs but yes Shane had to catch a 5-incher since the drum had lockjaw! I tried to catch a smaller one but Shane insisted he took 'top small fish' for the trip.

Threw 'em all back and hindsight being 20/20, we would've had plenty for a nice fish fry.
    Do you guys not know how to count without a clicker? Or if you try to mentally keep track is goes something like, 1,2,3,10,11,20,100,...

Post Thanks / Like

was going to try somewhere else tomarrow... guess i flip a coin

Post Thanks / Like

i see you have counted fish with shane before Tim.
    The Speed of a Rhino The Power of a Gazelle