Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kramer and Haworth Park

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kramer and Haworth Park

Been a few months since i drove down that way to see what everything looks like. Still not a very clean area, but at least they removed the chains to allow for access to the area. Naturally there were a few trucks hauling debris away on the south side of the bridge. The north side was the side i wanted to see. Kramer Park is a mess, there basically is no more football field. I don't know what they did with the 9/11 memorial. The pond is completely dry and not as deep as i thought it would be (10 - 15 feet max).

Sent an email to inquire what will be done with the area since the flooding back in 2011. Normally they cleaned it up and reopened it. I wonder if they will do the same with Kramer park, or remodel it to prevent future floods along the bank. But that might just be wishful thinking.

Base Lake was pretty busy as well, removing more dead trees along the south side of the lake. I wonder if they will dump the remains in the lake to create more brushpiles along the south side. Surprisingly, 60 to 65% of the lake was open water! I expected some of the ice to be melted, but not that much. Another surprise was seeing a few bald eagles out there as well. I wonder if they were young, they didn't look as big as i thought they would.

I stopped by Shadow Lake as well, not Walnut Creek, saw someone out there ice fishing. Lake is completely iced over, though I don't know how thick.

Post Thanks / Like

Walnut Creek was just like the base lake today. over half of it was open water. Saw one guy fishing from the handicap pier on the west side of the lake. Bunch of geese of there. Only parts that look frozen are on the south side where the shallow water is and the north side by the dam.