Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Check this OUT!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Check this OUT!!!!!!!!

Was over at Smithville Sat. night fishin. Just startin ta catch fish when I hear a boat runnin across the lake. I turned around to see where it was and DIDNT see ANY lights. I finnally made out where the boat was at. Didnt seem to be headed our direction,so I went back to fishin. Next thing I hear is some people anchored about 150-200 yards up from us SCREAMIN WOO WOO STOP. I just got turned around to see the boat with NO LIGHTS run into the anchored boat. I yelled to see if they needed any help, but they were all tied up CUSSIN THE HECK OUTA THIS fella. Then I hear WE NEED HELP!!! SO,we pull up anchor and run over there. Once we got there the dude with no lights on was just sittin the drivers seat of his pontoon boat, eyes open but NOT movin ANYTHING. (It was a pontoon ta pontoon collision) The people that were in the pontoon with the lights on JUST got back on the toon from swimmin. Back to the dude with NO LIGHTS, I just happened to pick up one of those cyclops 15 million candlepower lights that day and had it with me. I put the light right on the dudes FACEfor a good minute and he didnt even BLINK,FLINTCH OR MOVE . This dude was TOTALLY WASTED. Luckily one of the laddies in the toon that got hit was a nurse. She checked the drunks pulse and he was breathin, But I never once saw the guy MOVE on his own or SAY or MUMBLE 1 word. Also we didnt if he had a passenger onboard or not so I thru out a marker bouy so the divers would have some referance. Water patrol showed up put the drunk on a flat board,fastened him to it, put him in the water patrol boat and took him to Littleplate marina where the ambulance was waiting.
    Ended up the drunk was ALONE thank God! And 1 of the ladies on the toon that was anchored got a little cut. That was it nobody really got hurt and not a hole lot of damage. Id bet the drunk dude was runnin 15-20 MPH.

Just think if that SOB woulda hit a glass boat or an alluminum boat!!!

Nothin like some DRUNK wastin a good night of fishin
    "It's on like Bing Bong"!!!!!! Si Robertson

Post Thanks / Like

That story could have had a whole lot worse ending,i'm glad everyone was ok.That would put a damper on a fishin trip but it was good that you were there to help.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Man glad to hear that nobody died. That is one reason why I don't drink out on the water, and two why if you are going to drink have someone else operate the boat.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gald to hear everyone was OK. It seems like if the water patrol would crack down on people other than fishermen more often this kinda stuff might not happen so often. It seems like at LOZ they would rather check live wells and licenses than all the big boats leaving the bars. Maybe it's just me!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad there wasn't any loss of life. Drunks and boats don't match worth a dang.

We have had two (2) deaths this summer down here in MS on Ross Barnett and both of them were so drunk they could not even walk......... one guy hit another wave runner at MIDNIGHT with no lights.......... the guy that lived refused a breath test....... didn't matter they smell the stuff on him without it.

The other death was a rider that fell off the back....... after dark........ the guy driving didn't even know he lost his buddy until he got to where they were going and turned off the wave runner.......... then he realized he was gone. He failed the breath test. His buddy didn't make it..........oh and he was 2 miles away.

Such a waste. You got to watch like a hawk, or they will run you down.

john
    Chuck the aggrivating stuff.......... Just go Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

I drink a bit not much never on the water. only thing I can think of you might have done different. put the long handle net up his anchor arround his neck. boom over the side, instant crappie condo . lucky people

Post Thanks / Like

So glad there was a good side to this incident. Far too often, someone is hurt really bad or killed. I can remember back in my "younger dumber" days doing stupid stuff, just glad I got to grow up. The laws should be changed in such a way that it would be the same as in a car. 1. you loose your PRIVELEGE of driving a boat for a long time. 2. Have the same fines as on dry land, and 3. add on some community service to clean up the parks at the lakes ('specially the outhouses in summer time)
    You notice I said "privelege" cause it don't say anywhere you have the RIGHT to drive a boat or anything else.
    Now will get off'un my box.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

I did hear that the water patrol up here did a check point under one of the bridges a couple weekends ago.

After that night im going to start fishin in the upper arms.
    "It's on like Bing Bong"!!!!!! Si Robertson

Post Thanks / Like

My brother, who lives in Dallas, was sitting on a dock July 4, waiting for some friends to pick him up to go watch fireworks. A drunk was trying to put his boat into a dock slip. Hit the throttle jumped up on the ramp and pinned my brother up against a pontoon and put a 2 foot gash in his back and broke 4 ribs. He is still off work and he doesn't even know if the guy got a ticket or not. You can stand at any boat ramp and see a lot of stupid things that happen.

Post Thanks / Like

it really gets ridiculous. i drink when i'm out fishin, but never a whole lot. in the summer people don't seem to realize that every beer you drink counts for more if you are sittin there in the sun and roasting. oh, and MOslab hunter, the conservation folks that are checking the live wells are not supposed to be checking drunks unless they see something flagrant and retarded. their only serious focus is to enforce fish and game laws. everything else is state water patrol, and there are many more water patrol agents than you will ever see in uniform at LOZ (they hide good!). now, in illinois, it is a totally different story with the conservation agents. those boys have more power than a state trooper; don't mess with them.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold