Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep Crappie on Table Rock Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deep Crappie on Table Rock Lake

Went to the Rock last Sunday and got my limit in about 3 hours. Water temp in the low 40s. Used a drop shot method with the weight on the bottom in about 15-16 ft of water. Has anyone got any tips on how to fish deep a little more efficiently than using the drop shot method. I put the weight on the bottom and tie two hooks above the weight approx 10 inches apart. Been using standouts and spin shot hooks. Both seem to be great hooks, very sharp. Just looking for a little more efficient way of fishing deep. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

A limit in 3 hrs, keep doing what you are doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deep Crappie on Table Rock Lake

Quote Originally Posted by XBASSER View Post
    A limit in 3 hrs, keep doing what you are doing.
    X2, you are basically using the same setup I use for deep water. Except I like to space my hooks out more when fishing over 15 feet, say 24-30". I use a leader that is about 4' total. Barrel swivel, drop 12" to a 6" loop knot with a fasnap, drop two feet to another loop knot w/ fasnap, then drop 8-12" and tie a snap-swivel for quickly changing weights.

C.J.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Deep Crappie on Table Rock Lake

Yep.....leave it alone.....looks like its working for ya

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

River, that's a smackdown for sure! Had to Google the limit for your state. 30 crappie in 3 hrs
    is pretty darn efficient! Just saying.
    "We don't stop fishing because we get old,
    We get old because we stop fishing!"

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

x5
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

X6

Post Thanks / Like

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't say as a limit of fish in 3hrs time could be any more efficiently done. The only way I know of to have bettered your catch, would be to have stayed out a few hours longer & culled

Were you actually "drop shotting" ... or were you more accurately "bottom bumping" with a modified Ky Lake Rig ?? Drop shot fishing is a one pole finesse method (where the weight rests on the bottom & the bait is on semi-slack line) ... whereas bottom bumping is a multi-pole method (where the weight is tied on the end of the line, but is tightlined below the rod, and doesn't actually touch bottom).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I actually have to correct one thing however, the limit on the Rock is 15 fish at least 10 inches in length. The last two times going out however, I have caught a limit of 15 and 2 Sundays ago had 6 fish over 13 inches. Not bad for Table Rock which many consider to be a tough lake to fish any time of the year. Hey crappiepappy, I stand corrected, you could call my technique bottom bumping. What does this KY lake rig actually look like? Can you describe it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast