Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Floor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Floor

The carpet in my boat is getting kind of ragged, I don't want to go back with carpet. What are your suggestions.
    THE Nimrod Kid

Post Thanks / Like

I am considering some sort of bed liner type product for my boat, as it needs carpet right now also. A lot of the new aluminum boats come with the bed liner type product. It would wash up easy and not hold water.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That or the glue down vinyl flooring made for boats.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I put down 1/2" MDO plywood in the bottom of my 1860 jon boat. Gave it a coat of primer then put on a deck resurfacing product called RESTORE. Got it at Lowe's. It is also an anti-slip product and seems to be holding up well after about 1 year of use.
    "Grab the net, Henry.........it's a BIG'UN!!!!!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

what about the heat in the summer? we like to use the boat to swim in the summer sun and heat, is anything other than carpet hot on your feet?

Post Thanks / Like

All I use it for is fishing.
    THE Nimrod Kid

Post Thanks / Like

I have a vinyl floor in my Lund boat and it works great. It cleans up well, and isn't too hot in the summer heat.

Post Thanks / Like

The RESTORE that I used does get hot on the feet in summer. I believe it would be OK getting out of the water and putting on some kind of shoe, but would not recommend it for going barefoot very long. I only use my boat for fishing and it works very well for me.
    "Grab the net, Henry.........it's a BIG'UN!!!!!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

My partner and I have had past problems keeping up with a carpeted boat. We've owned several boats over the years and have tried a number of spray in coverings. The worst was Rhino lining. When dry it was fine, when wet it was slick to the point of being dangerous. The last 3 aluminum boats that we have owned we have used the Linex product. The texture is great for making it safe to move around when it is wet and it has a good sound deadening quality to it. We are currently running a 20' War Eagle and we had the factory leave all of the interior surface from the extrusions in bare so that the side panels, decks & floors were covered. Then we installed the console on top. The Linex is a great product for toughness and is easy to maintain. WE found a product called "Grease Lightning" at Home Depot. You wet all the surfaces, dump some of this on, just brush it on all of the surfaces, let stand 7 - 10 minuted and power wash off. We've come back from some trips that the boat was filthy and it cleaned up like new. The stuff is also great for cleaning up coolers, patio furniture and many other things. It also does a good job just spraying it all around back in the battery and oil reserve area. Cuts through the grime and leaves it clean after rinsing with water. PLease note that I have never tried this stuff on a fiberglass boat. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fixin to do the floor and decks of my glass boat with Tuff Coat. Same stuff that's used on commercial ships, cruise ships and a host of yachts. Think I'm going to like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast