Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pflueger President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pflueger President

For my birthday my wife is going to buy me some new fishing equipment. I picked out a Pflueger President UL spinning reel. I will be running 4# test on this reel with a BPS Tourney 6'6" IM-7 rod.

I'm also going to get a Med/Light President reel, but I'm not sure what model number I need. I want a reel set up for 4-6-8# test, and I will probably run 6# most of the time. Again...I'm putting it on a 6'6" ML BPS Tourney IM-7.

For those of you with Pflueger reels...which one do I need? I'm thinking model 6730 but I want to be sure before I click SUBMIT.

Any last minute suggestions or help would be great.

Thanks,
    BUCKMARK

Post Thanks / Like

I like the 25 series reels, I have those rigged on 7' st croix ul rods. For crappie the 30's are good to but might be a little big. I use to use the 30's but have switched out to 25 on all my crappie rods. If you are wanting them as a multi purpose reel then I would go for the 30's.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. The 25 series is the one I have picked out for sure. It's a given. I will use it for crappie along with my BPS Enticer set-up.

The 30 series will be for small mouth and large mouth up to 4 pounds or so...I seldom catch anything bigger than 4 pounds. I just wanted to make sure I got the correct model number. Pflueger and BPS both give only one line weight and capacity for each model. I want the one for 4-6-8# test because I will be using 6# and MAYBE sometimes 8#.

Anything bigger than this and I begin using my baitcasters with 12lb line. I never liked running the bigger spinning reels with 10 or 12# test.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smallest is 6720

I have several President reels and I use the 6730x for most of the time for crappie in the spring and when using 6lb and 8lb line. I use the 6720x for 4lb line and is is the best ultra light reel I have ever used. It is smaller and lighter and costs $10.00 less ($49.95 @ BPS) than the 6730x. It does have 2 less (8) bearings than the 6730X (10 bearings) but I really don't need the 10 bearings for shellcrackers and crappie. It is still a smooth and light reel and works great for shooting docks when mounted on a 5 1/2 ft. Ugly Stick in ultra lite.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you guys on the quality and great price of the president. I have both the 25 and 30 models and I think they are as good as many reels over $100. Well built and very smooth. As far as the size--the main difference is the line capacity that you need. If not important pick the smallest size reel for the most fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I need to check out the Pflueger reels I have been stuck on Shimano for years, but always willing to look at something else.

Have you considered using Power Pro? I use the 10-2 quite a bit and is small enough for sure, but still strong enough to bend your hook and let you get your jig back most of the time.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the 30 series because of the slightly bigger spool and bigger line capicity,i too used to be sold on shimano till i got the pflueger and for the money there is not a better reel made.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 of the 6720's and I love them.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572