Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't let me buy the wrong Rod Holders!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't let me buy the wrong Rod Holders!

Fellows, you have helped me with trolling and jig rods and reels. Got good set-ups thanks to you guys and the expert advise I got at the Grizzly Jig Show. Sure enjoyed all the seminars and hospitality thanks to Lou and the pros. Also thanks to Tracy who is fantastic. But I now need to buy 2 sets of rod holders and about to buy the 360 degree Cumberland Crappie sets. I have also looked at Tite Loc and Hi Tec. Both of them are super. The Tite Locs have come a long way with their new beefy tubes. I know the Hi Tecs are the stand by holders for a lot of fishermen as they are sturdy and stay put. I just love the adjustability of the Cumberlands but I fear that may be their downfall. Do they stay put! How about some input for the new guy (old-guy LOL).

Post Thanks / Like

Well I know some want agree, But I've fished driftmaster, others, I run longlining rods out the back and those that are straight out the back we run tips down, with that said you can't go wrong with Tite-locks, way more adjustments and tighting down if you're pulling from sides of your and your rods will be at @ 90 degrees from the back just about any type will do. Its all what you want and how you will be fishing to get the best for you.

But the Tite-locks works for me in all types of fishing: spider-rigging and longlining. working 16 rods at the time.
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 sets of the Hi-Teks and I love them. But a friend of mine on the MS board has designed and is producing some now that look fantastic....adjustabe in every way even up and down ( height)...no tools needed to adjust and ratchet type teeth keep everything from slipping. Take a look he has a ad on this site in Sponsor Classifieds.....Spiderlok rod holders http://www.crappie.com/crappie/membe...lling-rig.html
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will be happy with the Cumberland. I use the Lake Talquin holders, but really like the Perotti!

Post Thanks / Like

I just looked at the Spyderlok link. Those are really nice.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi-Tek X 19 in my boat. Kinda speaks for itself. No problems, great service.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Cumberland Crappie 360. They work great and stay put.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the good comments. I checked the spiderlocs and they look great. The 360's offer a lot for the money too. Anybody else using the new Cumberland 360's?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Wally View Post
    Thanks for all the good comments. I checked the spiderlocs and they look great. The 360's offer a lot for the money too. Anybody else using the new Cumberland 360's?
    I just rigged my bought with the Cumberland 360's and I'm still getting them set up where I want them but so far I think they're great

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER and
    SBF
    authorized by: billbob and "G"
    aka: Baconator

Post Thanks / Like

The SpyderLok system looks GREAT... wish he had some available for purchase now! When I ask the "rod holder" question for long line trolling 9 out of 10 people said Hi-Tek.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast