Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 2013 Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2013 Sponsors

Jeff has started to update the sponsors for each of the lakes. The first step for that is to copy over last year's sponsors. Just wanted to let anyone looking at them know that they won't be finished for a few days or perhaps more, as there are new sponsors and lakes. For example, Buckeye Lake shows the EconoLodge in Heath as the host hotel at about $60 a night (last year), but it's really going to be the EconoLodge right at the lake (near the old Duke plaza) at less than $50 a night. So don't make any reservations until everything's updated! Jeff or I will post something here when it's all done.
    Last edited by fished-out; 02-06-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

speakin of hotels, i hope you guys got a different hotel for GLSM, that was a nightmare last year...im certain the feller running the desk would not wanna see us again, he would be in for a rough weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Good information to have. I PM'd you to find out more and see if there's something I can do to help.

Post Thanks / Like

hey frank like the work u r doin..just a thought..try contacting rick daniels and see if he would be interested in sponsorship again.might even get him to fish em with us.he is very generous with our eastfork league and the more sponsors the better..good luck cant wait to get back into tourney fishin.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I appreciate it. I've got some other ideas on how to make things a bit better. Any input from you guys is greatly appreciated. I plan to give Rick a call soon; he's a great guy and I miss having him and Larry at the tournaments. I know they fished a couple last year, but would like to see them more often.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly910 View Post
    speakin of hotels, i hope you guys got a different hotel for GLSM, that was a nightmare last year...im certain the feller running the desk would not wanna see us again, he would be in for a rough weekend.
    Hillbilly, check your PM's. I spoke with the hotel (America's Best Value Inn in St. Mary's) today. They checked into what happened, and were very gracious in seeing our point of view. Bottom line, they've sent me a gift certificate in your name for one free night good for 4/26/13, the night before the next Grand Lake St. Mary's tournament. I'll forward it to you as soon as I have your email address. I hope you or your partner can make the tournament and take advantage of the free night.

Best Value has been a long-time host hotel for BCC and has generally done well by us. They're under new management now and have installed new computer systems, so I suspect their service to us will be great in the years to come. I applaud their responsiveness on this, as it was not a difficult discussion at all, and I was really pleased with how they handled it, especially given the amount of time that has passed and the fact that it took place under the old management. They have two locations near GLSM and you can even check out the hotel layout at America's Best Value Inn & Suites, Grand Lake St. Marys, Ohio .