Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Getting Started, a Shot Gun of Questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting Started, a Shot Gun of Questions.

I'm wanting to start fishing new lakes, and finding better places on my current lakes. I want to be able to scout out brush piles with a graph, (a big one) and be able to troll in accordance with it. I've seen what good sized walleye look like on the side imaging down at the bottom along with bait balls and it made me want one. As far as down imaging goes I'm not sure about. Is Hummingbird the only electronic that will sync with I Pilot? I've heard HB is more user friendly is that true? If I get a big Hummingbird is there a class I can take on how to use it or should I grab a fisherman who knows how to tinker with them already and have them show me the best they can? I live 40 minutes from the largest Bass Pro Shops in the world, would they have seminars on how to use them there? I don't want to spend close the 3 large on a graph and not know how to use other than for depth speed and water temp. Should I get my graph from BP or is there somewhere cheaper? Any advice helps. I'm leaning towards the 1198 si and di.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Humminbird is the only sonar manufacturer that will sync with the i-Pilot Link (there is no linking/syncing with a standard i-Pilot or AutoPilot trolling motor).

There are hands-on seminars and some guides offer on-the-water training classes. Check the Humminbird Facebook page for these. You can also look at the Bass Boat Central (BBC) web site for dates and such for this. I do not know what or when Bass pro would have a seminar on our products but they certainly should.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Danny I can't help you with the HB stuff, but can tell you Brian at BBG Marine will beat BPS on price and service.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link and the information from everyone. That is a massive savings from what bass pro had to offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Humminbird_Greg View Post
    Yes, Humminbird is the only sonar manufacturer that will sync with the i-Pilot Link (there is no linking/syncing with a standard i-Pilot or AutoPilot trolling motor).

There are hands-on seminars and some guides offer on-the-water training classes. Check the Humminbird Facebook page for these. You can also look at the Bass Boat Central (BBC) web site for dates and such for this. I do not know what or when Bass pro would have a seminar on our products but they certainly should.
    So do I need to make sure and buy the I pilot that does link with the HB? Is there an sd card or something for the HB that is compatible? I will like the HB Facebook page today. Thanks again Greg.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the i-Pilot Link is what you need to look for if you want to be able to follow the depth contour lines from a LakeMaster-Humminbird mapping card. The mapping card needs to be made for this which means it has to be one of the new 2013 mapping cards. The i-Pilot Link will work without these newer mapping cards but it will not be able to follow the depth contour lines automatically.

Minn Kota Motors
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Brian at BBG Marine will beat BPS on price and service!
    x2