Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pana Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Pana Lake

I fished Pana Lake for Crappie Wednesday from 8 am till 1 pm . Water temp was 45 and stained on one end and clear on the other . I did not catch anything over 9 inches . Used minnow and jigs from two fee to twenty feet . Confused to what is going on . It must have been the front that came through the day before but that doesn't really effect the deeper fish . Oh well I'll try again some time ..
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Got to go fishing today at Pana Lake for a couple of hours after I got off work . Fished from 4 pm to a little after 6 pm .Caught 12 to 15 fish with four of them I would have considered keeping . Missed a few today also . Biggest one was an 11 inch fish with a belly full of eggs . Fish were any where from 4 to 10 feet deep and suspending out side of cover . Water temp was 40 to 41 degrees and stained . You could see 1 or 2 inches down . Used my favorite colors . Pink and yellow and orange and chartruse on 1/16th ounce ball jigs chartruse in color .

See Ya Kevin
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pana Lake

Pana Lake

My brother and I did a little Crappie fishing today . He had never used jigs before and I think he caught on and liked doing it . Brought home 14 fish between 9 and 9 1/2 inches . Water temps are starting to drop . Most of the fish we caught were in the 5 to 8 foot range . It's only going to get better as the year goes on .

See ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that things are looking up. I may have to come over to Pana lake before to long. I need to get out and do some serious catching (well at least fishing...LOL). Might try to make the trip Monday or Tuesday morning.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville