Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help picking a boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help picking a boat

I am blessed with a wife that told me I should get a new quality boat this time instead of an old used one that I have to fix often. Being the dutiful husband I said " yes Dear I'll do that!" So...I have been to the Tulsa boat show THREE times this week. And I've talked to factory reps from Ranger and Skeeter as well as dealers, and covered the internet. I want to stick to major brands that not only have a good dealer in my area but have a good dealer network in case I have a problem while out of state. I have narrowed it down to Ranger Z118 - 150HP Merc ( I'm thinking about 4 stroke), Skeeter ZX190 - 175HP Yamaha 2 stroke, Triton 18XS - 150 Merc Pro XS (may be able to get a 4 stroke on this one). All are 2013 models Lifetime hull warranties, I think, and 5 yrs. on the main motor. I was also offered a 2012 Triton 19SE with a 200HP Merc Pro XS for a couple thousand more than the Ranger Z118. It's a good deal but I really didn't want to spend that much. So what do you think? There's about a $3000 spread between the three so not a lot of difference. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Did you look at Nitros? Very good boats for least money. The new z8 and z9 are awesome IMO. They are less than the other boats as well and nicer IMO
    "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

With some dutiful shopping and staying focused, you can save about 10,000 more than you now think. A 2 or 3 yr old Ranger is tons cheaper than a brand new one. From the 50's into the 30's is a big enough price and some I see for sale are just not used. Good luck in the quest, lots of choices.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Bait View Post
    I have narrowed it down to Ranger Z118 - 150HP Merc ( I'm thinking about 4 stroke), Skeeter ZX190 - 175HP Yamaha 2 stroke, Triton 18XS - 150 Merc Pro XS (may be able to get a 4 stroke on this one)
    Stay with a 2-stroke, 4-strokes are for automobiles.

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with angler. Stick with a 2 stroke. My question is why a glass boat? you can get a new perpus built metal boat for under 20grand. shurley you dont wanna be confused for a bass fisherman LOL....
    Happy Hooken.....

Post Thanks / Like

If I had my choice of boats I would look at a Lund

just my 2 cents

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Gator, I am running a Skeeter older model, no complaints at all. Skeet bum has given some good advice above. Ranger or skeeter either would be a good choice IMHO. I like the glass boats because of the oklahoma wind, easier to stay in place.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea true glass boats sit better in the wind.
    Happy Hooken.....

Post Thanks / Like

If it was an aluminum boat I would go with an Xpress. Best aluminum boat on the market. Rides great with the hyper lift hull . If a glass boat go with skeeter

2003 Xpress X17
    MinnKota V2 Powerdrive
    Humminbird 998c
    Cumberland Crappie Racks
    BnM PSTs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need help picking a boat

Go with a ranger

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast