Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trolling crankbaits

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling crankbaits

Is trolling or pushing crankbaits allowed in the tournaments? Bandits or Rebel style crankbaits. Thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they are, as long as you stay within the rules. No more than 3 poles per person or 6 per boat with more then one person, and no more than 2 baits per pole
    Blakemore/Roadrunner pro staff
    Southern Pro Tackle/ Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Rodholders
    Ranger Boats

Post Thanks / Like

wannabecrappieking: thanks for info. just was not sure. did not see anything in rules. hope to throw my hat into the tournament ring this year and have a little fun. can't wait for the cataract tourny Home Lake. let the bragging begin. Thanks again, bigarm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabecrappieking View Post
    Yes they are, as long as you stay within the rules. No more than 3 poles per person or 6 per boat with more then one person, and no more than 2 baits per pole
    If you were to use cranks, you would only be able to have one treble on each bait if you were to try and run a two on one pole. If you're just using one bait, you can leave both treble hooks or whatever combo you prefer.

Post Thanks / Like

why would u wanna troll cranks anyway? never mind troll all the crank baits you want.... Less competition...... Just kidding. whatever works for you.
    Happy Hooken.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab Slayen View Post
    why would u wanna troll cranks anyway? never mind troll all the crank baits you want.... Less competition...... Just kidding. whatever works for you.
    Big fish caught on your home lake the year before last was caught on a crank. Not kidding. Worked for me...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they are, as long as you stay within the rules. No more than 3 poles per person or 6 per boat with more then one person, and no more than 2 baits per pole[/QUOTE]

Still learning new techniques after a couple events last year.....with the idea of spider rigging this year, I have to ask if the events allow more than six rods in the boat per team? I know each person can only fish three lines but can other rods be on the boat for other types of fishing styles for quick switch over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rageboy View Post
    Still learning new techniques after a couple events last year.....with the idea of spider rigging this year, I have to ask if the events allow more than six rods in the boat per team? I know each person can only fish three lines but can other rods be on the boat for other types of fishing styles for quick switch over.[/QUOTE]
    Yes your allowed any number of poles in the boat you want. However your only allowed to fish with three per person at a time. State Law!
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by filletfetish View Post
    If you were to use cranks, you would only be able to have one treble on each bait if you were to try and run a two on one pole. If you're just using one bait, you can leave both treble hooks or whatever combo you prefer.
    This is new one on me!!some cranks have 3 hooks and they are legal so why do i or should i take a hook off when the crank comes with multi hooks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TDHcrappiemaster View Post
    Still learning new techniques after a couple events last year.....with the idea of spider rigging this year, I have to ask if the events allow more than six rods in the boat per team? I know each person can only fish three lines but can other rods be on the boat for other types of fishing styles for quick switch over.
    Yes your allowed any number of poles in the boat you want. However your only allowed to fish with three per person at a time. State Law![/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the clarification....it wasn't state law that confused me rather the written language on the rules and regs page of the club. The wording that actually seems most confusing is..." There is also a maximum rod limit of 6 poles per boat (even with 2 members and 1 youth fishing together)." Maybe it is just me! If not it might be worth a minor revision. Anyways, it is good to know. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast