Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Moose, where are you when I need you???

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Moose, where are you when I need you???

Put your Zima down and answer your PM...lol...
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default oh

that's gonna leave a mark
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

PM. Man I am out of zimas right now. Was going to switch to coor's light beer or some wild turkey but did the wild turkey thing last night. I thought I would just stick to the Decaf stuff tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Put your Zima down and answer your PM...lol...
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Trolling too fast can get you in trouble!
    Pedaling & Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch is right!

Rather be on the water instead of the fender! </:')
    ôº¿ô

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Ouch!!!
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Cane Pole.......I'm wondering if there was a story behind the "moose in a car" photo. Seems a bit out of the ordinary, to say the least. I shudder to think what happened to it's occupants.......details?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    Cane Pole.......I'm wondering if there was a story behind the "moose in a car" photo. Seems a bit out of the ordinary, to say the least. I shudder to think what happened to it's occupants.......details?

Some lady in Ontairo hit this moose with two children in the car. All survived with minor injuries. How the could survive this is beyond me.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I have a picture of a big moose which was hit by a car in Ontario too. Same thing happened to the people in the car. Sent them to the hospital. We were on our way back home from a fishing trip and saw the moose carcass along the side of the highway. We got out and took some pictures of it. I will have to seach my scrapbooks to find it and make a copy of it to post in here. Those things are amazingly big when you get up close to them. I would not want to be in a car and hit it going 60 mph.

One my way down to the TeeZur Memorial Crappie Fishing Tournament I must have seen 30 whitetail deer carcasses along the side of the Highways. I go though the Pennyrile Parkway and then along the Western Kentucy Parkway and man the number of deer that are killed along those roads in Nov is shocking. I was very afraid that I might hit one at night. It's not so bad during the middle of the day but at dusk and dawn the deer become active and will run out onto the road before you can stop. I hit a deer once before but I was only going about 45mph and saw them before I hit them. I had slowed down some for a group of deer and after they had crossed the road I thought that was all of them but a lone small deer ran across the road and I hit his back end. I was late driving to a job and had to get going. I suspect that he must have had a broken leg or back as he was still in the ditch along the side of the road. I was lucky that I didn't have much damage to my vehicle. But when I drive though KY in NOV I am constantly watching the road for deer. They are like ghosts and can come out of no where fast.

I saw a lot of fresh blood and fur on the roads. I bet that at least 10 of the dead deer has been freshly killed. I think that they had just started Gun season for deer that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Some lady in Ontairo hit this moose with two children in the car. All survived with minor injuries. How the could survive this is beyond me.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Yep! I knew it was bound to happen!

Moose's Laptop blew up on him while writing another one of his Crappie.com novels! LMAO!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids