Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Storage box management

Post Thanks / Like

Default Storage box management

I saw the thread about rod lockers, and didn't want to hijack his thread, but I'd like to get an idea of what folks do to manage boxes and "stuff" in their storage compartment. My Triton has lockers on either side, and one storage box in the center. So far for 3 seasons I've just had plano type boxes all over in there. It's a PITA, and it's really out of order.

So with the cold snap coming in, I figure I'll try to get some work done on the storage, while I rearrange my electronics.

Any info/pics would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Depending how you stack your boxes in your compartment you could label each box with what you got in each box! For instance I have two or three bags of crappie jigs! One bag for my garlonds, one bag for my yums, and another bag for all the different carrot style baits! Same with the Plano boxs! One marked jig heads, and so forth! Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Duncan--You might check this out if you have the 3600 boxes. 3600 box holder I like to keep all of my 2" baits in containers together and all of my bigger baits in 3600 boxes. I thought the little holder was pretty cool. In my Champion I have a box in between the rod lockers this will fit perfect in.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Those look pretty slick Matt. I just like stacking mine up and down and side ways in my center compartment. I see this style in the bass guys boats on tv. Labeled up with what's in them. I end up with half my boxes dug out and scattered around the floor of the boat because no matter what I am after it is in the bottom box.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe he makes them in custom sizes to fit your compartments. I probably carry way to much crap but I probably have 6 or 7 of those 3600 plum full!

Post Thanks / Like

What is the total length and width of the holder? That would fit the bill for me!

Post Thanks / Like

NM, I see on the link. I'm getting one of those. Thanks for the heads up. And Thanks to HH too. I do the same, but didn't have a proper holder, so I have 5 boxes and other crap all over in the compartment.

Post Thanks / Like

About time you cleaned that mess up. I was getting tire of stepping on it. LOL I may need one of those too.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

I've pretty much gotten away from boxes and keep all my plastics on hangers attached to the bottom of my lids. I don't have a pic and my boat is in the shop. But look up cooks tackle system and I can tell you how to build them yourself for about a 1/4 of the money.