Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Which lead?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which lead?

Please be patient as I just keep coming up with more questions! Lol. I have been reading past threads about lead and pouring and it seems the better quality lead...the better it pours! I have got access to lead boots that they put over vent pipes while roofing houses! I was wondering if this is a good quality lead...its very pliable and seems to be real good from the looks of it but I don't know much about lead for pouring? Thanks
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

fishhunter775 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That will work great for you, it is a soft lead

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, some of the best lead. Plumber's lead, flashing. Cut a few pieces for wrap sinkers. It does great for small jigheads, split shot pinch-ons and lead balls. Use wheel weights for larger sinkers, jigs and bullets.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the stuff you're talking about for small jigs under 1/8. Over that I use whatever is handy and clean. WW lead does fine on the bigger stuff and is easier to come by. When I make any lead into ingots I have a separate box for the good stuff, and sometimes mark it with a p for pure. Helps cut down on the confusuion. I find that with pure the air vents will be seen on the 1/32 while it doesn't fill out that way with wheel weights.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around