Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman 1-28-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman 1-28-2013

I just could not stand staying home on a 74 degree day in January. Despite the wind forecast of constant 15+ MPH.
    Talked my wife into going with me. We put in at Bucksaw about 8 am already about 6 empty trailers in the lot.
    NO Ice and there was hardly any wind but a little foggy so went across to the bluff ,only 3 shorts.
    Tried over bait schools , couldn't get a bite. Went up past U bridge and found a few other boats. I'm not sure but they kept trolling back and forth in front of what looked like cedar trees. Couldn't seethem catching any thing but looked like they were guarding them trees. I didn't get very close to em as remembered OSS"s warning a few days ago. Figgerd they might be packin.......
    Well we picked a clump of trees and tied up as the wind was picking up Wife caught 1 keeper. We moved around up there but nuthin the rest of the morning. Just a a couple of boats guarding some tree tops close to the bridge. Went back to Bucksaw and ate some snacks. Some of them boats loading out. Not looking good , wife is giving me that go home look since she is ahead of me on fish.
    Well I asked what about heading out the other way as I thought I saw a "guide" boat go that way. Well for a little bit she said.

Well we went a cuple miles down and found a spot that sorta out of the wind that by now was takin hats of your head and throwin water up in the boat. Stopped at this bunch of trees and wham-bam she had a keeper before I could tie up. Then she had another before I could get my pole in my hand. Dang now she's 3 up already. I finally catch acouple of shorts but she is dragin in keeprs. Well I never did Catch up to her. She limited out and I had 12. Wind is getting colder an blowin more, time to go.
    We had a great time even if she did out fish me.
    Name:  DSCN4290.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  42.5 KBName:  DSCN4294.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  46.9 KBName:  DSCN4285.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  38.2 KB

keeferfish is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice and I like the crappie sled!

Post Thanks / Like

Way to stick with it and not let the morning get you down. Always good to LET the missus beat ya every now and then

Post Thanks / Like

Good call on going down, and finding some eaters...... glad to hear you got out and like you fishing machine, just need a lazy boy and I would be set for a day of fishinzzzzing............
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Fine way to close out January!!! Good Job!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a good mess. Glad you ventured to a new area and caught some fish even if the wife caught more.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like a great time to me, my wife will out fish me everytime.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks OSS . You know I had a plan to put a recliner up front but I got out voted......woulda been nice just like you said.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys I forgot to say thanks to all for the positive comments.

I kinda got hung up on that lazy boy.......wonderin if I should mention that plan again ......or not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast