Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jigging poles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jigging poles

I would like to find a good sturdy but not too heavy jig pole that I can verticle jig with. I need one that I can use with a reel because I will be fishing it about 15 feet deep. I need one about 10 or 12 feet long. When the current is real swift, the crappie hold behind bridge pilings and will stick real close. I can catch them if I can stay on top of them. The wind and current blow me off so I need a long pole I can hold out. Casting doesnt work because the current pulls the jig out of the strike zone. Any suggestions? I would tie up to the column, but dont wanna be banging off it in the boat all day.

Post Thanks / Like

You can use my poles if you want. Won't be needing them for a while. You can use the BnM Bucks Jig Pole, 12 footer or either one of my Sam Heatons to figure out if you like them. You need to take this tshirt off my hands also.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Poles

Did you say have or borrow some poles...I will take the red ones off your hands to go along with the minnow bucket if it is a have .
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fatboy, I appreciate the offer. Thats very nice of you. I'm not much on borrowing things though, I hate the responsibility that comes with it. If I damage something, I would want it to be my own. I would hate to have to tell someone that I have to replace what I borrowed from them. I will come get the shirt from you though. What is your plans for Monday? I could meet you up close to your house somewhere long enough to pick it up if you have to go somewhere. I appreciate you getting it for me, and like I said I'll pay you for it if you want me too. My wife wanted to know if you remembered my name or not. She said you asked to speak to the husband instead of asking to speak to Eric LOL. Take care Big J and thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't forget your name because that is my middle name.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, then. I will bring them and you can at least see and hold them then. You will instantly tell the difference in the Sam Heaton. I get off work at 7:30 am Monday. We can meet somewhere that morning. Only three more weeks of this night shift bull%*#%.

Post Thanks / Like

Where you wanna meet? I dont know much about Manchester. What about the parking lot in front of the Coca Cola company main office? Let me know something.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to drop my daughter off at school at 7:40, so it would take me about 30 minutes to get out that way. Let me know if that is okay and where you wanna meet if thats not too late for you.

Post Thanks / Like

The Coke plant would way out of your way. Just meet me at that store on the left before you cross over Woods Reservoir at about 8:15. You know the place , its where i get the minnows, minnows, minnows.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that the little gas station on the left right after you pass the road on the right to Morrris Ferry? I think its right across from the lions club or something like that. If thats the one your talking about, I will be there at 8:15 on Monday morning. Take care