Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Iinserting images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Iinserting images

What's up with the insert images button?? Used to be it would put the [img][img] and the location between them. You could put however man you needed to add and then when you submitted the post it would show the pics.

Now it's inserting the actual image and doesn't want to let you get below the photo to do more.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    What's up with the insert images button?? Used to be it would put the [img][img] and the location between them. You could put however man you needed to add and then when you submitted the post it would show the pics.

Now it's inserting the actual image and doesn't want to let you get below the photo to do more.
    If it's inserting the image, your cursor will be at the bottom right corner of the picture .... just click on your ENTER button and the cursor should drop down to the next line (below the picture). You really want to put a empty text line between pictures, so they don't run together ... plus it allows you to put text above/below the pictures, if needed for clarification/identification.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I know all that, I was wondering what happened to just putting in 5 links and only after you hit the post reply would the pictures come up.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've found that dosnt work for me. After I insert a image I can't get the cursor to move down to add text. Then add another image.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Yeah I know all that, I was wondering what happened to just putting in 5 links and only after you hit the post reply would the pictures come up.
    That may have something to do with recent tweaks that Ed has made ...

I actually like the idea of getting a image instead of a link .... so that you can see what picture you're posting, right then & there, without having to go advanced & review your post after every addition. Cuts down on the "oops" factor, making it less likely that a picture you really didn't want to post getting through.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    I've found that dosnt work for me. After I insert a image I can't get the cursor to move down to add text. Then add another image.
    Even after hitting the Enter Key ?? Have you tried hitting the Space Bar, instead ?? Or even just start typing your text, then placing the cursor between the picture & first letter of the first word of your text & hitting the Enter key ??

Charlie ... maybe if you explain what your are doing, or have tried, we can come up with an answer to your dilemma.

... cp

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

CP it docent make any sense to me. Let's say I start a line of text, insert image, cursor will be at lower right corner of image. If I hit enter nothing happens, if I hit another key it kicks the cursor back to top left corner of image and still won't let me type anything. The cursor will just jump around. Its like once I insert image everything just locks up though it will let me post what I already have on screen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    CP it docent make any sense to me. Let's say I start a line of text, insert image, cursor will be at lower right corner of image. If I hit enter nothing happens, if I hit another key it kicks the cursor back to top left corner of image and still won't let me type anything. The cursor will just jump around. Its like once I insert image everything just locks up though it will let me post what I already have on screen.
    Cray .... that doesn't make any sense to me, either. Could be computer/programming related, and I'm not the one to be advising in that regard. Send a PM to Slab & see if he has any ideas on what's causing that to happen.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your help and replies CP. Ill do that.