Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Early Christmas At My House

Post Thanks / Like

Default Early Christmas At My House

Here goes, not gonna be Moose here. Laying in bed today sleeping because i worked last night, phone rang. I had been asleep just long enough to feel like *%$# when i was awakened. I answered the phone with a not so chipper tone.
    Mr. Woods? Yes. This is Lee over here at Lee's Upholstery. Ok? Anyway you can bring your boat over today instead of next year because i ordered a bunch of carpet for a guy that is the same color and type you wanted but he stiffed me and now I am stuck with it. Hmmm. I thought for a minute. Lee, you can't go ahead and put that new carpet down because the old has to be taken up and then then Genesis has to sand and reglaze the glass before the new carpet can be put down. Well, he says, mind calling Genesis and seeing if you can get it in there soon? Geez Lee, gonna cut some money off the price of the carpet? I will take $175.00 off if we can get this done. Hmmm. $430.00 minus $175.00. Hmmm. Hell yeah, I'm in. Called Genesis, they said have that thing over here next Tuesday and we will have it done by thursday. So, i call Lee back, tell him. He says bring it on over and i will start tearing the old carpet and seats out of it. So after three hours sleep in the last 42 hours, i go to McMinnville, move two tractors(John Deere of course), a hay wagon, a pto driven generator, knock a few cats out of the way, take the cover off, hook the boat up and bring it back down here to Lee. Christmas is coming early at my house. Told my wife i can't put that nice shiny boat back in the barn and i needed a cover at the back of the driveway for it. She went :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Now guess i need a good metal canopy for it. If i were to add up all the money this year alone spent on anything even remotely connected to fishing, i would probably cry like a baby. Sorry, didn't mean to give Moose a run on the length.
    Last edited by fatboy; 12-02-2004 at 07:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Give Moose a run.. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Here goes, not gonna be Moose here. Laying in bed today sleeping because i worked last night, phone rang. I had been asleep just long enough to feel like *%$# when i was awakened. I answered the phone with a not so chipper tone.
    Mr. Woods? Yes. This is Lee over here at Lee's Upholstery. Ok? Anyway you can bring your boat over today instead of next year because i ordered a bunch of carpet for a guy that is the same color and type you wanted but he stiffed me and now I am stuck with it. Hmmm. I thought for a minute. Lee, you can't go ahead and put that new carpet down because the old has to be taken up and then then Genesis has to sand and reglaze the glass before the new carpet can be put down. Well, he says, mind calling Genesis and seeing if you can get it in there soon? Geez Lee, gonna cut some money off the price of the carpet? I will take $175.00 off if we can get this done. Hmmm. $430.00 minus $175.00. Hmmm. Hell yeah, I'm in. Called Genesis, they said have that thing over here next Tuesday and we will have it done by thursday. So, i call Lee back, tell him. He says bring it on over and i will start tearing the old carpet and seats out of it. So after three hours sleep in the last 42 hours, i go to McMinnville, move two tractors(John Deere of course), a hay wagon, a pto driven generator, knock a few cats out of the way, take the cover off, hook the boat up and bring it back down here to Lee. Christmas is coming early at my house. Told my wife i can't put that nice shiny boat back in the barn and i needed a cover at the back of the driveway for it. She went :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Now guess i need a good metal canopy for it. If i were to add up all the money this year alone spent on anything even remotely connected to fishing, i would probably cry like a baby. Sorry, didn't mean to give Moose a run on the length.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Only need to put $520 with the $175 saving to get you a metal canopy...LOL.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Does that mean you will be out fishing for Christmas? Sounds like it was your lucky day.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, no fishing for me on Christmas. Not gonna have the money after all this and the electronics.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that thing looks like new for you when you get er done LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure to post picutres when the boat is done. I bet you will enjoy the new boat.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default luck

some guys have all the luck - you got 3 whole hours of sleep :o
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

And people wonder why i am so white headed at the age of 36? Yeah, yeah, i know what time it is, too tired to sleep. These night shifts suck bad. Wonder how i did it for 10 and a half years. Maybe that is why I am a tired, worn out, white headed FATBOY. Oh well...............

Post Thanks / Like

Default me too

I am on the night shift this weekend too- Fri-Sat-Sun 15 hours a night - but I just work Wednesday next week
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!