Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod Locker Organizer?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Locker Organizer?

anyone have any good ideas on hod to organiz the rod locker, any pics of how you organized your rods please share, not to impressed with mine, i gues it would work if i only carried 4 rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rod Locker Organizer?

Rod socks makes it easier for me.

Sent from a Droid.

Post Thanks / Like

Rod tubes are misunderstood in today's fishing boats. Some that long pole actually prefer to not have them installed in their boats. Some tubes don't accept spinning rods with large eyes, some are hard to get the tip started due to the angle of entry or a rider's console or the depth of the box itself. And many of the butt holders aren't adequate and lead to a mess when you stop on the highway or water and everything surges forward. One thing rod tubes "do" accomplish is hiding what's behind them. I took the attached picture of one of the bigger names in aluminum boats in the area recently, this was a 2013 model in a dealer's showroom. If you can make it out some things you will see (1) the carpet ends at the forward part of the rod box lid leaving an unfinished area of metal to beat the tip eye around on constantly while on the water or the road (2) rough cut edges of aluminum to nick your line every time it's in or out and (3) an open end of square tubing, perfect place to grab your rod tip and not want to give it back, been there done that. Point of all this is consider what type fishing you do, a rod organizer can be a valuable tool if designed properly or you may not use it much at all. All a poor rod organizer does is take up storage space and damage your equipment. As another poster said rod socks can be helpful, even if you use tubes, very often the other end of the tube, the one you can't see, looks like a bunch of tiddly wink sticks in a jumbled mess pointing in 8 different directions. Good rod tubes are well designed and practical, poor cheap ones cause more problems than solutions. You've got a nice boat, have fun and go fishing, if you can use the tubes so be it, if not you'll figure out the best way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muzzy125acc View Post
    Rod socks makes it easier for me.
    Muzzy,

Sounds simple, but do you have a link to your rod socks? Are you able to slip them on after you rig up and not get hooks stuck in them? Do they make them for any length of rod?

Thanks for the info!

U

Post Thanks / Like

rod socks are a def must , i think i will make some hangers and tubes also, just hate the thought of them bouncing around in the bottom of the box, i have spent to much money on the rod and reel for them to be banging against one another, so i will take all precautions to keep them good,

Kazual, thank you for your help , def some pionts to remember when making my set up, its guys like you that make this forum great , and helpful to everyone.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I removed the tubes from my Champion when I got it. Like Kaz said to much of an angle for most rods and the eyes not fitting was an issue with some of my rods.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a fan of the rod box on my boat, but I use it, I usually have my rods broke down and a rod sock over them, there are two kinds, knit kind and nylon kind, either is ok with me. the knit kind are seen in a lot of bass boats, the come in yellow,red,black,,, maby more colors, anyway they work ok

Post Thanks / Like

is there anyone on here that sales rod socks?

Post Thanks / Like

got 4 pair of old monkey socks I can make u a good deal on.........grin
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Everharts in Clinton has them in several sizes. I believe they are color coded by size.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast