Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Planning trip to weiss lake!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Planning trip to weiss lake!!

Hi to all, been awhile since I've been on here. I use to come to weiss before the economy fell out with about 10 of my work buds and we are now trying to get back into the swing of things. Business is no better but we are trying to swing it for 2 days. Can anyone give me a heads up on what would be a good time to hit and also a good place to stay where we could fish off the dock at night and be close to something to eat. We use to stay at a place that had a great buffet little mom and pops restaurant across the road and a gas station almost in the parking lot.i think it was a BP but not sure. Seems like it was log siding with I think green roof??? Is the restaurant still open? Because we can't rely on what we catch!!! also there was a guy I meet there that was from Kentucky and I think he wrote articles for a fishing magazine.that was about 2006 and he was at least 65. I had his card but lost it, anyone think they may know this gent? Good fishing to all and everyone invited to come fish with us!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Weissmart was the name of the place, I stayed there myself, and Fibbers was the buffet across the street. Fibbers was closed last time I went by and the marina was still going though it had changed hands. Terry Whaley is a local guide and a great guy all around that could give you enough info to make your trip a good one. He's in the local phone book down there. Check with the guys on the Alabama forum too.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, that is a big help! We are catching a few here and there on Guntersville, we all live within min. of it. The only reason we go to weiss is to have a little get away. We probably catch more here because we know it but weiss is like a camping trip to us. I've been there and catch a 100 a day trolling but now we have got into the slow old fashion bobber fishing. We just go to have a great time, we're not trying to bring the lake home! Thanks again for your respond and if your fishing when we are your welcome to join in. GOD BLESS.