Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rising Water Level Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rising Water Level Question

Tomorrow they will be letting the my home Lake back up due to it being down for dock repairs. It was down six feet my question is does anyone have experience on this subject matter concerning how it would affect the fishing. I have been catching pretty good the last few days, by the way the Lake is feed by a creek so no pumping involved just a closing of the dam I would assume.

Post Thanks / Like

Continue what your doing, but move up the bank witht he rising water, unless this will be a rapid rise, say less than a week to refill back to normal pool. If it is a sudden rise, it more than likely will stir up the muck and may stop the biting until the sediment settles back out of hte water.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Take pictures and GPS structure while the lake is down! Follow fish to new water as it rises. I agree keep with what you are doing til it does not produce then adjust accordingly. If lake rises too fast it will shut them down.

Post Thanks / Like

Around my part of the country when water is on the rise it's awesome fishing time.....when the water is dropping its horrible!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

As already said, a slow rise is ok,but a fast rise will do 2 things ,1 is will mud up lake and 2 a quick change will cause the fish to shut down for a few days to adjust,but then when we write what the fish will do,we have to remember that they may not have read our book lol
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8