Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trailerable cover?

Post Thanks / Like

Default trailerable cover?

any experience or advice on a decent trailerable water proof/resistant cover? got a few trips planned this year and a trailerable cover would make thinks alot easier. thanks for any input .......would be a plus if bps carries it as i have some gift cards for there........not a must though

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a couple custom covers made. I store my rig outdoors so a good cover is a must for me. If you store indoors and just looking to make a few trips a custom cover might not be worth it for you.

If you want a custom cover look for a company in your area that makes tractor trailer covers and they will probably have good material. I have several options available in Texas/Oklahoma but that is probably too far away from you.
    BnM Poles *** Lake Fork Trophy Lures *** Bee Ready- Rod Holders for a Lifetime

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever seen a Ranger with a cheesy cover? Take a look at one up close some time. Around the outside edge is a strap that terminates into a ratchet back near the jack plate. Once in position the ratchets take out all the possibility of air getting under and blowing things around. Not only does it stay dry and secure, but it helps with the mileage when towing by having a better slipstream. I don't know what a custom cover is nowadays but maybe this will help you find one that helps keep your rig under cover and not blown apart after one season.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

check on some of the walleye forums, as they seem to always travel with a cover on.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one from BPS very similar to the one shown above, I went from St Louis to Lake of the Woods and back. Took the cover off the boat when I got home and went back to BPS and got my money back! Torn up! If I had to have a cover now it would be custom. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Family bought me a new one back in Oct. for Christmas, but didn't fit. Got it from this site: Boat Covers - iboats

Even tho they have a 30 day limit on returns, they took it back and refunded $. I did get to check out that particular fabric which was the Sharkskin Plus. It seemed heavy and was reinforced in many places, but was a semi custom cover. I think I will reorder the correct one in a custom model and step up the fabric a notch or two. There are MANY sites to choose from. Don't skimp on the fabric and you pretty much will get what you pay for. Pay attention to where the reinforcement is placed also.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeep, you're better off biting the bullet and going custom; you could go through alot of cheap covers before you got one that lasts if you're traveling with it. Think about it--if you're going 600 miles (like I do to Canada) one way, you're going to run into some weather, in addition to the high speeds. Last thing you need is a torn cover, stuff blowing out of the boat (yep, I store extra stuff in the boat when I'm staying a week or more), etc. Just ain't worth the aggravation of a bad trip when you don't get to go that far but a few times a year.

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of boat do you have?
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    have you ever seen a ranger with a cheesy cover? Take a look at one up close some time. Around the outside edge is a strap that terminates into a ratchet back near the jack plate. Once in position the ratchets take out all the possibility of air getting under and blowing things around. Not only does it stay dry and secure, but it helps with the mileage when towing by having a better slipstream. I don't know what a custom cover is nowadays but maybe this will help you find one that helps keep your rig under cover and not blown apart after one season.
    i always travel with cover on even 30 miles i just got a custom cover MADE with sunbrella 900.00 well worth it.Name:  cover.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  22.3 KB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast