Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those of you without a boat, how do you carry you gear?

Post Thanks / Like

Default For those of you without a boat, how do you carry you gear?

I was thinking of some kind of back pack so I could keep both arms free for rods and minnow bucket. At local store I seen a pack made by spider wired that was a single strap back pack made for fishing. I have tackle bag for bass. But don't like taking that stuff all out for my panfishing trips. Maybe end up getting another one with my panfish stuff in. or just get a regular old back pack to use. Any advice?

Post Thanks / Like

I keep one bag just for outings like your describing. Keep that stuff in that bag so it's ready to go. That way you don't have to constantly transfer stuff from one bag to another.
    Gander Mtn GSX.....Perception Pescador 12.....Shakespeare Contender

Post Thanks / Like

I know a guy who guides on Shelbyville IL (birdman) that sometimes when he is not guiding and the weather is nice rides his motorcycle and has his pole and everything in a backpack. I myself uses small tackle boxes for afew differant tubes, jigs, bobber, weights ect. and a man bag to carry it all in. You don't need to have hundreds of tubes, jigs or anything, just carry a small selection of each and differant styles or sizes. It seems to work for me and many others that walk the banks here on the ville.
    Lets go soak a line. Pat

Post Thanks / Like

I second the "man bag" idea. When I'm walking, I use an old hunting bag (has a shoulder strap) with a couple of Plano 3650's, rag, pliers, Crappie Bites, stringer, water and snack, etc. I carry several different jig and float colors/styles, but a small amount of each. I carry my pole(s) and dipnet/minnow bucket (depending where I'm fishing) in my hand.

Alot of times I'll take my two kids fishing off of docks in public areas and I just throw everything in their Radio Flyer "little red wagon". It'll roll through mowed grass/gravel with ease and lets us take more stuff (food/drinks/toys). Good luck with whatever you use.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a small blind bag a duck hunter would use that works good. The idea is something comfy enough that you don't put it down and forget it. Downsize and carry only essentials and use a backpack with a grab handle on top. I have one for my hunting gear that does good. Yard sales you can find em cheap.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I use a fanny pack for pond and small lake fishing . gillchaser

Post Thanks / Like

I use a utility belt for hunters, it has several pouches on it for everything I need and leaves my hands free to carry rods and cooler.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Tackle box and rod in one hand. Everything fits inside my tackle box. Its hard sided and double as my chair while fishing. When I catch fish, they go on a stringer.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

"Utility" (or belly) pack is the way to go. Many compartments and it frees your hands to hold a rod.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a bank fishing cart I came up with. Works well on all type of shorelines.

Here you can see my pvc rod carriers

I just had to watch out for my fishing buddy.

Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast