Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any ice reports?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any ice reports?

I was out on the ice again today at wildwood and it was still 7" thick. Does anyone else have any reports of ice thickness on here? I was wondering mainly about Yankee hill cause I wanna go back there one more time but any ice reports are great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Not much of an ice fishing guy, but there is a community map where folks can post updates on how thick and safe the ice is throughout Nebraska.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...5f3e34e4&msa=0

Post Thanks / Like

Jordy,
    I don’t know about Lincoln or Omaha ice, but the rest of the state and KS is starting to be touch and go….Let me know about a specific area and I can prolly get a report as recent as a week ago. Other than that I’d say be careful and enjoy it for the next week or so.
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

I heard west of Grand Island most lakes and ponds were any where between 13 - 16" of ice thick. Eastern Nebraska has been a much less with recent bout of warmer temps and 50's. Some guys were saying it was difficult to get out on the ice because it was so thin close to shore, but as you got further out it was much thicker, around 6". We have been pretty seasonable since then, and since we should get some decent snow tonight, that should set the stage for some frigid temps and help reform that loose ice.

February isn't looking too good for ice fishing statewide. First 3 weeks of look to be dry and temps between 40 and 55, with a few shots of cooler weather (30 degree temps). More than likely see some reasonable thawing next month.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Any ice reports?

Went out to Wildwood yesterday and ice was 5" but sagging really bad. Water was coming through the holes pretty good after I drilled.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

hey everyone! new to the site, just curious, how did y'all do with crappie through the ice this year? I was only able to get out and ice fish a couple times this season because i have been in Texas all winter except for a week in December and missed out.

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, welcome to the Nebraska board! I know some folks had luck pulling crappie, catfish and gills through the ice around Omaha. Personally i don't ice fish. A nasty fall slipping on some ice has got me a bit jittery about stepping on ice, or snow for that matter.

Post Thanks / Like

I did pretty well this year. There were a few trips when I went out on the ice when I didn't get any but most times I got a few. Bite was pretty good at Wildwood this year and Yankee hill had a few nice slabs.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome....the question is, how was your crappie fishing in Texas?

My season was like everyone else’s…short. Only a 45 day season, of course give or take, it defiantly wasn’t the 90 day season we had all hoped for. The fishing was pretty much the same as most years although, I did experience clearer than usual waters for the reservoirs that I fish. This defiantly changed fish location, behavior, and the bite as a whole. Anyhow, I’ve put the ice gear away even with northern Neb. and the Dakota’s having fishable ice. I’ve almost got the boat ready for next weekend and looking forward to refining my jet diver trolling technique.

Just a couple phone pics from this season....

Name:  sd201301.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  66.2 KBName:  ks201301.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  30.4 KB
    Lake Oahe, Mobridge, SD area and Lovewell, KS

Fyi…for anyone curious, I’ve almost finalized the 2013 tournament schedule and rules for the Nebraska Crappie Trail. I’ll be posting soon with updates
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I unfortunatley did not get to fish a whole lot while down here. I almost brought my boat but after driving around to the local lakes I am glad i didn't. Most of them are sitting at 40% and can't get one in. I did find some spots i would like to plan trips to once they get some moisture back in them.

The short season is a disappointment, but I guess baby steps may be in order after last winters weather. Looks like you got a few good trips in at least! I too am excited to get home and get the boat ready to go and hit the open water!

Thanks again everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast