Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thoughts about Flotation Jackets

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thoughts about Flotation Jackets

I have just started looking at the Flotation Jackets and I don't remember ever seeing them talked about on CDC, I would like to hear some feedback on them. Seems they are made for big water boats and ice fisherman use them also. Since down here in South Carolina there isn't any ice fishing I have never seen anyone wear one or even talk about them. Will these work for a PFD while fishing in your boat? I have read that they are Coastguard approved so how would they work for cold water/winter fishing.. For the ones that have used these jackets what are your thoughts on them.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Have a mustang brand. Ok in cold weather but not good in warm weather. Very high dollar jacket. To bulky to fish out of all day for me. I now use the mustang inflation models and love them. They are expensive but since buying I wear it all day and sometimes forget I have it on. I have both mustang and the lower end models and the mustangs are what everyone that fishes with me wants to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup bulky and very warm. Like inflatables, it has to be worn to count.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know if you are interested in any jacket and I will offer CDC members a discount off the already low price.

Marine Electronics & Boating Accessories

David @ shut-up-and-fish
    Your One Stop Shop

It's all coming together and we have you covered @ Shut-Up-And-Fish
    Humminbird, Lowrance, Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs
    www.shut-up-and-fish.com 972 822 9285

Post Thanks / Like

I have had one for about 5 years now and hardly ever wear it anymore. I find it very hard to get warm in during the winter and it is very stiff and uncomfortable.
    About the only time I wear it anymore is when Salmon fishing in the ocean at the mouth of the Columbia.