Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: South Central Kansas

Post Thanks / Like

Default South Central Kansas

Im located in Winfield KS. Moved in from Houston Tx. Im thinking of fishing Winfield and El Dorado lakes first....Anyone have any luck at these two places? I just bought a boat so im needing some pointers on fishing from a boat....How to appprouch the spot, fishing methods any other important info. Ive been using rooster tails for crappie. What else seems to work?
    Thanks....

Post Thanks / Like

jwilson,,,try hooking up with Jim Bybee. He fishes El Dorado often. I think his wife runs the cabins at the lake. She'll get you fixed up with him! Good luck! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up....Ill do that. Do you have a number for him? Can you give me some pointers on crappie? Im fishing Lake Winfield tomorrow. There are a few coves with trees. Is this the area you prefer? What is the best time? Im using roadrunners (white, yellow, white with pink head) I also have a few rooster tails. Any help would be great.
    Thanks.....

Post Thanks / Like

jwilson, don't have Jim's #. I'll try and get it though. Yes, I love trees & crappies & HEAT. There are SLABS much shallower than most people think Fish CLOSE to the trees/stumps. Slow with lite jigs(1/32oz). Slowly dip jigs down to within a foot of the bottom. At anytime you feel even the slightest tick,,,STOP!!! Hold as still as you can. Wait till it gits heavy or moves off. If that doesn't happen,,,jig it ever so lightly. USE CRAPPIE BIBBLES!!! or minners. Use just jig heads when with minners. I like browns and black colored jigs at this time. Hope this helps ya! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER