Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Best summertime crappie lakes in central KY

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best summertime crappie lakes in central KY

Im looking to catch some summertime crappie in the central kentucky area and i was wondering the best lakes to do that. I dont have a boat and i need to be able to fish it from shore. I have already tried cedar creek and i am looking to find other good spots in this region. Please let me know if you have a hot spot.
    shut up and fish!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Now that makes a difference ........

Quote Originally Posted by crap-pie
    Im looking to catch some summertime crappie in the central kentucky area and i was wondering the best lakes to do that. I dont have a boat and i need to be able to fish it from shore. I have already tried cedar creek and i am looking to find other good spots in this region. Please let me know if you have a hot spot.
    I wasn't aware that you did not have a boat. That pretty much rules out much Summer Crappie fishing ... unless you don't mind hiking thru the woods or along some fairly steep/rocky banks -- and that would only be possible at Taylorsville (of the other lakes you mentioned in your Main Forum post, besides Cedar Creek), as far as I know. And even there, you'd be limited to a few places where you could get to a fishable spot
    Some marina's, on the lakes you mentioned, do have rental boats ... but, they can be a bit expensive. OR - You might try and partner up & share expenses with someone who does have a boat, and fishes the Central Ky area. ........... cp