Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wylie on saturday night

Post Thanks / Like

Default wylie on saturday night

we hit wylie tonight, from dark to eleven thirty when we run out of minnows. wound up with 48 crappie, 2 brim, 2 catfish a couple lbs each, a three lb bass and a couple of yellow perch. we threw back a bunch of tater chips we dint count. three of the crappie was slabs and the rest was average to small. the landing at allison crk was packed and there was a lot of boats running back and forth on the water . I was reminded why i dont care much about going to the lake on the weekends. with so many boats running around , im suprised theres not more accidents than there is. most of the fish was caught just a couple ft off the bottom in 25 ft of water near a steep dropoff.water temp was 78 degrees. seems like the lake is warming up early this year.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...
    Likes downsouth LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

rango you are tuffer than i am for fishing on the weekend. i love to fish,but if i could only fish weekends i'd find me a new hobby!!! won't get to crappie fish this week am going to santee to catch a big catfish. mon. and tues. and have a dr. app. on thurs. looks like a busy week for me. will be checking the board and hoping to see some good fishing reports. tight lines!! tackleboat

Post Thanks / Like

hey tackelboat,
    yeah, i hate going down there on the weekends. Im retarted, i mean retired, and usually do my fishing through the week, but i had the wife and daughter wanting to go so they decided against my better judgement that i was gonna go. good luck down at santee. im gonna try to make it down there some this year. I got hooked on the big catfish a couple year ago and got it in my blood . before i head that way tho i gotta get a better mule to pull my wagon as its about wore out. i hear mt island has some big cats in it, and badin to, and monticello. theres some pretty good catfishing holes around close, but theres something about santee....

Post Thanks / Like

What is the cost of out of state liscense in SC now
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

if im not mistaken, a non resident fishing lisence is $35.00

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    if im not mistaken, a non resident fishing lisence is $35.00
    Yep, $35.00. Just got my renewal notice the other day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hey rango

will be out this wed night for the crappies. was you fishing that spot me,you,andjerry did a couple of months ago? i figure they are going to be moving off the beds soon. i am going to alison creek that night and fishing the spot i mentioned above. if you are out, lets tie off together and catch some.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tool
    will be out this wed night for the crappies. was you fishing that spot me,you,andjerry did a couple of months ago? i figure they are going to be moving off the beds soon. i am going to alison creek that night and fishing the spot i mentioned above. if you are out, lets tie off together and catch some.

hey tool,
    no i wasnt there. i tried a different spot for a change. i had the wife and daughter with me and thats sorta a hard spot for me to get a good anchor. i need a strong back and weak mind to anchor there and they get all ticked off at me when the anchors dont hang as they dont like to keep pulling it back and retrying. it should be paying of tho. im gonna be going a couple nights this week. iff im down on wed, ill try to hook up with you. about what time do you usually get there?

Post Thanks / Like

Default about 6:00

I will be getting there about 6:00 to get set up for the evening,,,,might be on the 6:30 side or near 7 if traffic is bad heading out of charlotte. i'll be looking for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default rango, I'mmm back

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    we hit wylie tonight, from dark to eleven thirty when we run out of minnows. wound up with 48 crappie, 2 brim, 2 catfish a couple lbs each, a three lb bass and a couple of yellow perch. we threw back a bunch of tater chips we dint count. three of the crappie was slabs and the rest was average to small. the landing at allison crk was packed and there was a lot of boats running back and forth on the water . I was reminded why i dont care much about going to the lake on the weekends. with so many boats running around , im suprised theres not more accidents than there is. most of the fish was caught just a couple ft off the bottom in 25 ft of water near a steep dropoff.water temp was 78 degrees. seems like the lake is warming up early this year.
    Stand Fast!
    Threegals - "one wife, 2 daughters"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast