Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: David from Afganistan

Post Thanks / Like

Default David from Afganistan

This is David, He is just back from Afganistan for a month and then is going back. His Grandfather asked me a couple of weeks ago if I would take him fishing because that is one request that he made before he came home. He wanted to go fishing and catch some decent fish. Fishing wasn't all that good today with the water level being several feet low and with the temp in the mid 90's. Normally the temp doesn't bother the fishing but with the water level being low the tree and brush piles aren't in the right depth zone. The fish are in the 17-18 foot range and the brush is in the 12-14 foot range. We started out catching fish but were just short of the 10 inch size limit. I went to the end of the Dam that the wind was blowing into but no fish were there. Caught just a few small fish. Went to a third spot and found fish but was really slow. We ended up just drifting and trolling in the 17-18 ft range and picked up a few really nice Crappie. I told them that I didn't want any Crappie so just keep what they wanted. We keep 14 very nice Crappie and 1 Drum and 1 bluegill. We had 1 walleye that was just short of the size limit. The Crappie were up to 13-1/4 inches, most were 12-1/2 inches.
    David was satisfied with the day of fishing that we did. He even has quite a few pictures to take back with him to show off to the guys. I cleaned the fish when we got back and they will have quite a meal of fish.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Beaver on giving a fishing trip to someone who defends our very right to do those things we so love.

Post Thanks / Like

Beaver great job, also let David know how proud we are of all military, they are the back bone of our freedom. Its great to just get on the water and get your mind on something else and also to catch a few. He will remember this for a very long time, theres no easy way to express to the military how proud we are of them. Good luck to all thats protecting our nation,and pray for a safe return.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job beaver,its great to see someone giving back to those that sacrifice so much.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job beaver! Great way to salute a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome! I bet he had a blast and I am sure you did to. Thanks for taking care of a guy that's taking care of me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting this! Tell David that we all are standing 100% behind him and all his fellow soldiers, may God bless him and all the men that are defending our freedom. Thanks David, for doing a good job in Afganistan, you and all your buddies are greatly appreciated!! Again Beaver, thanks for sharing this with us........

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

He was lucky to have someone to help him enjoy "home" like you did, and we are so fortunate to have folks like him to support our country.
    Sounds like you made his day a great one!
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for taking him fishing! and thank him for putting his life on the line for us!
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I have a nephew that is on leave from Afghanistan. He will also be going back pretty soon. I wonder if they know each other. Ask him if he knows Jason Gusic. THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast