Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to Crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to Crappie fishing

Hey guys,

So i'm looking for some advice. Just getting into Crappie fishing this season. Only been fishing since last season. Doing mainly bank and from my Canoe. So say for example i'm starting fresh and have no crappie gear. What are the essential plastics (types/colors/sizes) I should get that are a must have? How about floats? i'd like to primarily do float fishing. I have done some drop shotting in the past. I don't want to spend a fortune, but have now until it warms up a bit to start gathering gear. What are your must have items?

Post Thanks / Like

sir, being in the deep south all my life and serious crappie fishin for only the last two years i have not a clue what i could suggest to help you. maybe some of the guys way up north of me will chime in and help you...
    DEAD AS FRIED CHICKEN

Post Thanks / Like

i like all bobygarlands plastics. i like to have an asortment of floats. and i like to use a 8ft fly rod for jig an float. just find what you like. B AN M sells a float an fly rod you mite like. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to Crappie fishing

I love 2" Kalins black/blue with chartreuse tail is my go to. On a 1/16 oz jig head. Color Gary's from time to time but it seems like the crappie like em. Around nc a lot of us buy from www.monkscrappie.com. He is a small company that cares. Just him and his wife. Visit his website. He has lots to choose from. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

bobby garland baits are great my favorite are the baby shad as for color varies on water clarity for me my favorite color is Cajun Cricket, i have also had success with beavertails bait in the color black/chart. as for floats i like to use cork basla