Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need some advice for rodholders for walleye trolling?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some advice for rodholders for walleye trolling?

Kind of a weird topic on a crappie forum, but I am fairly confident you all know about the rod holders.

I currently own a T250H for spider rigging off the front of the boat. Now I am going to purchase another one so my wife can do it with me up front but here is a weird question.

Since in pennsylvania we can only use 3 rods each and the T250's come with 4, can I use the extra that I have leftover in another base for trolling for walleyes? Something off the sides of the boat?

I own a crestliner storm 16 so the boat is fairly small, but it does have like a lip around the boat. I was thinking I could take the 2 extra rod holders from the T250-H, buy 2 other base mounts and use those base mounts for trolling for walleye. Of course we do not do both at the same time but I was trying to figure something out since if that doesnt work out I will need to buy other rod holders.

I was also think I would be able to use the same rod holders for some catfishing.

What do you all think?

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You sure can. Just need to figure out where to install your mounts.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979