Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Grenada in winter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grenada in winter

hey guys, just wondering if it would be worth driving 4 hours to grenada for a few days around christmas. never fished there before and wondering how the bite was in the winter months. thanks in advance.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

crappie cowboy(old) Guest

Adame, Grenada Lake is at winter pool level BUT,you can catch some Big crappie
    in the Yalobusha River at Young's landing.Go though Grenada on hwy 8 to Goresprings
    at the caution light turn left go across lake and sign on the rightl to Young's Landing.
    The water will be in it's bank's and it will look like hell but,that is
    the biggest crappie you will see anywhere I have 3 being mounting as we speak at
    TCB Taxidermy in Winona,Ms 1662.417-4700 that a total of 10 3/4 lbs. You can go up or down stream it's all the same.The water is very muddy and we fish jigs only charteuse w/red head works great,the river will have some curent not much so fish
    the eddy's,the crappie don't like current. Hope this helps you. Crappie Cowboy

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Early February crappie

you ever fish the lake much pre-spawn? going this weekend and was hoping to get some input on where to start. Never been to the lake and are putting in at the state park off of HWY 8.

Thanks
    DW
    Shoals Area Crappie Association