Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 788 hd di humminbird greg

Post Thanks / Like

Default 788 hd di humminbird greg

Hey greg i backed my software up to 6.50 that you sent me, still will not show my snapshots. I think that i had 6.1 before i went to the latest update....snapshots that i took after the (6.5?) the latest update are there...you scroll down the snapshot page and you see that snapshot for a sec then it goes to a circle with a slash ........second question if i go with the heading sensor antenna, i have my 998 and 788 connected via ethernet can i run both off the same antenna?

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know what is happening with the screen snapshots kyrich. I would watch it and see if it happens again and if it does I would first try a new formatted memory card.

Yes, two (or more) units Ethernet connected that can share a GPS Receiver.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

I can put the card in my pc and the pics are still on it...........the unit will not read them

Post Thanks / Like

That is the part that I don’t understand kyrich. If they are on the memory card they should display in the unit unless the picture file got corrupt somehow. If they were though I would think that your PC would have problems showing them as well..

Wait a minute! There is a *.DAT file associated with each screen snapshot. Dare these still on the memory card too? What is the file size that is showing for them (if they are there)?

When you go to the full Chart View and place the cursor on a waypoint that you made with a Screen Snapshot; does it show the thumbnail image or not?
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The .DAT file (that Greg speaks of) is necessary for the unit to display the snapshot...

Just as a test... I created a SNAPSHOT folder (on a SD card) and put 2 snapshots in it (1 snapshot with its associated .DAT file and 1 snapshot without the associated .DAT file)..

Then I put the SD card in my unit and the only snapshot that the unit would display is the snapshot that also had its associated .DAT file...

Open your SNAPSHOT folder on your PC and make sure there is a .DAT file associated with each .PNG snapshot...

What I find curious is kyrich says the snapshot thumbnail shows for a second on the snapshot view ...and then changes to a circle with a red line thru it....

My test above showed that my .PNG snapshot without a .DAT file does not display a thumbnail at all on the unit snapshot view...

The thumbnail/circle with a red line thru it seems to me that the .DAT file somehow became corrupted...

Rickie
    Last edited by rnvinc; 01-25-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys..............i know ive been slow responding.....getting over the flu.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok there is a .dat file with each .png

Post Thanks / Like

There's no way I know of to check the .DAT file for problems as it is a file format not read by Windows...

Do you know anyone else with a HB unit that you could put your SD card into their unit and see if acts the same...??

Also check this question from Greg above...When you go to the full Chart View and place the cursor on a waypoint that you made with a Screen Snapshot; does it show the thumbnail image or not?

Rickie
    ------------—————

Post Thanks / Like

It won't show on my 998 also with that card. The .DAT files are showing they are smaller than the .PNG

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know kyrich.... The only thing I can figure is the .DAT files got corrupted somehow...

You say the .PNG snapshots still open on your PC....at least you haven't lost them completely....

I keep 2 separate files on my pc for HB snapshots....
    *1 is labeled HB snapshots - unit useable (these still have the .DAT file with them)...
    *1 is labeled HB snapshots- not unit useable (these I have lost the .DAT file and can only be viewed on my PC)...

Rickie
    ------------—————

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast