Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat Covers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Covers

Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on custom boat covers? I'm preparing to have one installed on my Lund boat and have heard great things about Sunbrella fabric. I've also been told to be sure to use UV protected thread... something called "Tenera", because of its long life.

Some questions:

• If you have a snap-in cover, do you still like a rope tie-off or bungee straps?
    • Where do you focus reinforcement areas? bow-mount trolling motor, windshield, rod holders, boat cleats?
    • What is your thoughts on snap distance between each? 12,18,or 24 inches?

I'd sure appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1270 View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on custom boat covers? I'm preparing to have one installed on my Lund boat and have heard great things about Sunbrella fabric. I've also been told to be sure to use UV protected thread... something called "Tenera", because of its long life.

Some questions:

• If you have a snap-in cover, do you still like a rope tie-off or bungee straps?
    • Where do you focus reinforcement areas? bow-mount trolling motor, windshield, rod holders, boat cleats?
    • What is your thoughts on snap distance between each? 12,18,or 24 inches?

I'd sure appreciate your input.

Thanks!
    I have had two custom boat covers made from the sunbrella material. The cover maker uses the boat to sew and custom fit the cover.
    A custom cover maker should be able to make a cover with both round grommets, draw string and snap-in grommets.
    He places the reinforcement material EVERY PLACE that there will be "wear points". My covers have grommets and a "draw string" around the edge of the cover.
    Cords provided to tie from grommets to boat trailer.
    If you go the route of having "snaps" consider where they (the snaps) will be placed and the "problem" if the cover should shrink or stretch, how do you compensate for the difference in fit?

Post Thanks / Like

I bought custom cover with my lowe it has a ratchet strap built in all the way around the side of the cover. You just put it on and ratchet it down. Best cover I have ever had and the easest to put on and off.
    The only thing better than a day of fishing.Is a week of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

X2 what Flycaster said, like he stressed EVERY PLACE that cover will touch have it double reinforced or it will rip while towing and get the draw string to keep the edge from flapping.
    Balzout Mounts