Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking Dad Fishing

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Taking Dad Fishing

My father came up for a visit this week. We took advantage of the weather, time and situation to wet a hook.
    It is a challenge for him, these days, to get in and out of the boat. We managed well this time, getting in a few hours of cooler fishing at night. Of course, he is a jig man and I'm a minner girl. After I had boated about 10, he decided to try some of my minners. I'm sure he would do well on a brush top or some structure during the day, but for night fishing the minners proves out once again.
    What a blessing to have had the time together and enjoy a favorite past time creating memories to be cherished.

We fished a bridge near the boat ramp in about 27' of water. The white bass that usually pester the devil out of me, didn't. Fish were shallow at about 4'-7' down. The bugs were bad, so we just used the one submersible and kept the lantern off.

We aren't sure what worked better, the bounty dryer sheet, the spray off, or the little coil bracelet/anklet things, but we didn't suffer any bugbites!

I do believe the ole fart is happy!

Can't wait to set a hook!
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your success. I still enjoy taking my dad out on the boat to catch a few fish. Really special memories.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Be sure,even if you have to really put forth a lot of effort to spend as much time as humanly possible with him. Mine has been gone for about 60 years now and I still dredge up good memories of hunting and fishing with him. Be thankful for what you have with him.
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

Some people have heroes that wear capes.
    MY heroes wear kevlar vests embossed with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome, I hope my kids take me fishing when I'm not able to do it on my own. He looks like a slab master off the ol' block.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with what Carl said,mine has been gone only two and a half years.I took him every chance that I could when he was able. He was my best friend and fishing partner,it can't get any better than that.Enjoy your father as long as you can AP.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, That brings back memories of both my Mom and Dad. I fished with both until they passed on. I just wish I had one more chance to take them with me. Mom has been gone for 11 years and my Dad has been gone 16. Enjoy them while you have them. I miss them both. THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

You made that ole boy's day he was one happy feller when those pics were taken...fishin + family = fun
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pictures AP, glad ya'll are getting to go
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures and memories that will aways be with you. He sure looks happy to me. May world be yours. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Laura! Looks like a very happy man indeed! I too hope someone will take me fishing when I can no longer go alone.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast