Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humminbird Fishfinder 571 HD DI

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird Fishfinder 571 HD DI

Does anyone use this type of dowm imaging fishfinder? Thinking about buying my first one but never even seen the down imaging work, is it hard to see fish on these units and do you have to be moving for it to work?
    Or should I go with the color version? or stick with my old one that finds me fish. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just bought my first DI, a Law Elite 4 DSI. Loving it so far. Moving is better than sitting still.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the DI threads on the main forum under electronics....lots of good info and lots of pics of structure with and without fish. Definitely get a better image when moving, but you can still learn to interpret a still image. If you can already find fish with a regular sonar, you should be way ahead of someone just learning (like me!!!)

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that is what Randy "Badaxed" has on his boat. Pretty slick unit but had issues if he got up real shallow and then went back to deeper water. Don't remember what the issue was exactly now as it has been a while since I was out with him and he may have it figured out by now. But I think we had to power it down and back on to get it to read correct depth again. I believe Monty has a Lowrance 4" model also. Should be able to get a good deal right now on a 5" Lowrance leftover model.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought my first HD DI unit ... a Humminbird 596c HD DI for $355 ... online at Hodges Marine. Haven't had a chance to try it ... too cold ... and I did a transducer exchange with Humminbird ( at no cost! ) because I wanted a trolling motor mount rather than the transducer mount it comes with. I did a quick check and they have the 571 HD DI like you wanted for $225. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, didn't even think about the main forum.

Post Thanks / Like

I just went through 30 pages of forum on the elite 5..........seems like a lot of guys not proud of them, if you don't want the gps and maps the elite 4 is the best deal out there, Ron and I both have one and don't need anything any better or more expensive since we only fish Truman and Windsor Park Lake......... home of the 3#ers.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Buck has the 570 u might pm him, I had one and couldn't stand it..........traded it for a eagle 250.......

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Lowrance® Elite-4X DSI Sonar, it runs $199 at Cabela's or Bass Pro. It will draw you a great picture of whats below the boat. I love it and you can't beat the price, not sure you gain a whole lot with more expensive models till you get into the REALLY BIG BUCKS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

X3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast