Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Heated Docks @ Lake of the Ozarks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heated Docks @ Lake of the Ozarks

Is there any heated docks at LOZ with about a 20' to 30 feet depth? Bones can't take the cold. My Brother in Law is going this weekend, and asked me did I know of any. I don't know of any, so thought I'd asked here at CDC Thanks ahead of time! Googled up several heated docks but don't know their depths. Again, Thank You if you can help.

Post Thanks / Like

Breezy Point Resort should be pretty deep. The others I know of probably aren't that deep right now. I would make some phone calls and see witch one are open and see how deep they are.

Post Thanks / Like

The enclosed dock at Alhonna Resort is good. Lots of brush and good depth of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard the Flame resort has heated dock but not for sure. If you do come across a good one let us know. This question arises every year I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Alhonna is pretty deep but the wood stoves in there don't heat very well (they are old wood cooking stoves) so I would bring a portable gas heater if you have one. They have losts of docks you can walk besides the heated dock if it warms up in the afternoon. I have caught more fish off the other docks than the heated dock.
    Good Luck and let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks for all the input! I called Breezy point and you have to have a rental cabin or staying there to fish the heated dock, otherwise it it closed to the public, 77$/day for a small cabin, but that's out won't be staying, as I'm not that far away, and I am too cheap! That sure is a fair price though and for a weekend that would be great to walk down to a heated dock and then back to the heated cabin! They were nice, even on a cold day like this. the lady there did not know the depth of the water as she said her Dad was the owner and he was busy.
    Red Oak Resort there was no answer so I'll keep calling and if something comes up I sure will let the forum know! Thanks!