Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat floor covering favorites

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat floor covering favorites

I just picked up an 185 Proteam Tracker that has been used and abused, meaning it has been in the water, uncovered most of it's life. I am in the process of restoring it and was wondering what the fishing public prefers in the matter of flooring.

The boat has a plywood casting deck (I have already removed what carpeting there was left on it) and probably the same on the back casting deck, (haven't gotten that one stripped off yet). And all of the box lids are aluminum.

I've been reading up on coverings and am undecided on rubberized coatings or carpeting. Cost-wiseName:  boat rehab 058.jpg
Views: 2789
Size:  62.1 KB they are about the same. I have already had the seats recovered and they look like new (because they are now!).

One good thing about it is the 90 HP motor. I checked the compression and it is 120-119-120 and it runs out great (45 MPH). Gonna be a great boat once I finish it up. Not in a hurry as I have an old 1990 Stratos that I fish out of now and it's 22 degrees here in Nashville today.

Let me have some feedback from all the fishermen out there.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't go wrong if you use the rubber. Carpet takes longer to dry hooks get caught in it but jus my opinion

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had any first hand experience with the coatings, and have built boats and installed carpet to make a paycheck. One of my questions is ; when you remove the hardware and do the coating, and replace the hardware, is the thickness difference from the coating to the carpet going to make the hardware stand out and make it grabby? Second; is the deck in good enough shape (no rot whatsoever) that it will go the distance without having to re-do the deck in the future and have yet another trip to the coating guy? The carpet can be self done with a small learning curve, and it will last if kept out of direct sun. I like a bit of rug to help cover movement of the feet when fish are spooky. Traction when wet or slimed with flopping fish is another concern. There's just no good place to fall in a boat, or out of one either. Those are my two cents, spend them as you wish.......Skeet.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Nomatter what I want carpet...what was said and a little cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Re did my old tracker many years ago with carpet it was a fun project for the winter. Sold it and now have Lund with Vinyl flooring great for cleanup and nothing wet when it rains. Vinyl can be slick and it will cut but I would stay with vinyl don't know what a spray on rhino liner would look like but might make an interesting floor and maybe do decks with carpet. I don't have casting decks on new boat just not my style but have fun I'm sure it will look great when you are done

Post Thanks / Like

check out hydroturf

Post Thanks / Like

Hydroturf would be awesome in a boat like that, the only thing is that it may only be able to be laid on the flat surfaces. I dont know how it would act if you tucked it around the lids. It is surely the best flooring i have ever used.