Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Midwest Crappie Winter Shows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Midwest Crappie Winter Shows

Hello Everyone,

Still lining up shows for the 3rd series. I would like to get 2-3 more late fall/ winter shows. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know, so we can get plans made.

GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!

Russ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Larry-Southern Indiana

Russ I talked to you last winter about doing a show at patoka. This past year I've worked 30 saturdays of overtime. If you remember I told you I would put you up at our camp and help you anyway I can to get a show. If things slow down this coming year I would like to show you the lake during the week when hardly no one is around. I believe I can get you on numbers of fish up to 11" on the main lake. Sometimes I'll pop one out 14" or bigger. The bigger ones are there but I haven't had the time to explore for them like I would like to. I personally believe they are there but buried into heavy cover most of the time. Since I like to tightline deep cover it's tough with boat traffic and higher winds. During the week boat traffic won't be a problem where I fish. The river area above Walls Ramp is good when the weather changes from winter to spring. That end of the lake is stump heaven. The channel is nothing but cover as are the flats and coves. I've got one area that produced 15 fish that weighted a tad over 25lbs 4 years ago. The pictures are on the wall at the camp. The bigger ones are laying next to a golden rule. The biggest ones were 18 1/2". It is a perfect area till spawning time. North side of the lake with a small creek channel coming out of a 20' deep bend in the river. It goes for about 50 yards and turns left and dumps into a cove full of stumps and it's on the north side of the lake. I probably told you about this spot when I talked to you. My offer for you to stay at the camp still stands. Tim Gibson the guide on the lake should help you on promoting this lake since the crappie USA finals are back there next year. I'm sure he has some good spots. He sure knows several of mine. I'll help you anyway I can if you want to do a show at this lake and help you save money on your expenses and show you a good time at the same time.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Larry,

I did make it to Patoka and did a show with Tim Gibson this fall. Had a GREAT time!!! I would still be very interested in a winter show. I know that Tim is now in Florida,as he will be guiding on the Big O until spring!

Russ

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Russ, I recieved your DVDs yesterday. I ordered them from crappiestuff.com and I couldn't believe how fast they got here. I have just watched a couple of shows and I thought they were very interesting and informative. I plan on showing them to my buddies this winter when the lake is frozen over and it is too cold to fish. I am sure they will help us become better crappie fishermen next summer. Thanks! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dave,

I'm glad you like the dvds! I have been lucky, as I have fished with some of the best crappie fishermnen in the country! I made some great friends on the tournament trail when I fished it, and I have done the same making the show. A goal I had was not just to catch fish, but help others learn from some of the best guides and tournament anlers in the country. [B]I am REAL excited about the new series, which will be 13 shows.

Well, take care, and thanks for the good comments. I really do appreciate it!

GOOD FISHIN!!!
    Russ