Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: troll and go big

Post Thanks / Like

Smile troll and go big

well i was able to break away and get to the lake--lake O saturday. the wind was pretty bad off the lake into the rim canal on the west side, which go figure is where i like to fish. Thanks to all the info i've been getting through crappie .com i tried for the first time to troll, and loved it. the conditions were a bit rough so it made it a little tricky to control the boat and watch the poles. I usually try something new for awhile and if it dosent work i go back to the one pole jig the lillies but i didnt this time. I stayed trolling just off the lillies about three feet off, and the first hit was great. It hit the white jig head with a red body, guess what, changed color to all the poles. I caught seven of the nicest crappie i can remember and missed about the same. Trolling does catch the bigger crappie. Ask a few boaters out how they were doing and they told me they just couldn't find them. Again guy's thanks for all the info!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you were able to get on em, I love it when 3-4 poles go off at the same time
    The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?"

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal!!! Sounds like a great time.... :-)

Ginny
    "My heart belongs to T.L and M.L." Life is simple.... just add water.

Post Thanks / Like

Trolling is a blast and I really enjoy it. I like catching them out the pads and bushes but not that dialed in on them yet that way. Like Specktaclure mentioned, pulling 10 poles and 20 baits and having 6 get on af once is a rush.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on catching some nice fish with the trolling method. It sure can be a lot of fun.
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that you did good, Roy...Love me some trolling!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, i miss your lakes and tempture,back home now ,in 20's, i did some trolling while down their, but as for me ,give me one rod and my jig,a dock,a log ,brush,bridge and a thump on my line and i am satisfied, good size fish likes them also if you will fish it slow enough with a light jig,still love to see you all reports even though i am not their
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Gene, you have inspired me to try more docks. It is difficult to reel in all the trolling poles and try to shoot a dock or two, but you've got it in my mind now. Stay warm up there.
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

Post Thanks / Like

The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?"

Post Thanks / Like

Oops almost forgot to give kudo's to the rod holders i ordered from lake talquin thanks loved em!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast