Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Alberta clipper!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alberta clipper!

-7 F now and won't be above zero today and possibly not tomorrow either, not in Minneapolis, and much colder up north. Coldest daytime highs in 4 years in Minneapolis. Making ice for sure! but it really didn't have to take us quite so seriously.

Post Thanks / Like

Twenty below this morning. I had to get the cold weather gear out of the closet.
    It is supposed to get up to +1 tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

You might make it today, being more or less on the trailing edge of this front, but I doubt we will. It seems to me that this is our first real Alberta Clipper straight down from the Arctic of this winter, the other major storms of the season moved up from the southwest from of the California Pacific coast. We have only had a couple of dustings of snow out of the current storm front; so we still have dry open walks and streets. My mother down in NW Iowa got about 4" of new snow as the front passed her area. It is amazing how often snow storms on these clippers veer east north or south of us leaving the Twin Cities a lot of times with relatively open ground. Up in your country you tend to get them all, but as far as snow goes we may find ourselves either north or south of winter snow. Of course not always!

Post Thanks / Like

The mighty Mississippi's frozen over here in Elk River. This was Thursday, no open water now. Saw some deer venture out across it Friday night. Ice is about 4-5 inches thick

Name:  FrozenRiver_zpsed781a89.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  57.7 KB