Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: time of day

Post Thanks / Like

Default time of day

when fishing in the winter what is the best time to fish? sunrise, mid-day, evening? Is it best to fish the bank where the sun has shone the longest? Will crappie still seek the shady side in the winter? New to winter fishing and would like to catch some.

Post Thanks / Like

Default time of day

This is a great question, I am going to an eye on this thread.

C.J.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

On average this time of Year, My best time is between 10am to 2pm. It can swing a couple hours either direction but over the years this has been the average best time period for me.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

This is not a one answer question,where you are at,what style of fishing ,weather condition, to some its 3 days of warming spell and that evening of third day fish will move shallow,other times fishing deep in morning is great,to me a cloudy day is better than a sunny day,sunny and calm seams to slow down the deeper bite, as far as shade,i like the shaded side almost any time,they seams to hide in shade for protection and for ambush
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama. I believe Crappies will be biting somewhere all day long. When do I go fishing...Anytime I can! The key to your satisfaction will be finding them and then presenting them an offering they cannot resist. Personally, I also believe the biggest thing you will have going for you is your confidence. Having said all that, my personal preference for time would be low light conditions. If you can be on the water fishing at 4:30 am to 7:00 am ; 5:00 pm to 10:00pm or on a cloudy day, your chances of success will go up. Remember Crappie love weeds, wood, and shady docks. Anytime you can get out on the water is a good time to go fishing. Make your time on the water as productive as possible.

I love to give them two chances to bite my lures. This is my favorite rig.

Name:  One More Chance rig.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  25.3 KB
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

When fishing thru the ice in the winter time midnight-4:00 AM is the best time for Crappie to bite. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

They may peak at diffrent times but depth , water temp, and barometric pressure are big factors. Been see'n best bite here at first light but take spells biting most of the day.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

That would be hard to narrow down to specific times, because of too many variables involved. To me, anytime on the water is a good time for them to bite, but sometimes they don't co-operate when I want them too.

I only fish on days of the week that end with
    a "Y" ...and then, only if it's raining or not.

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Whenever you get the coveted kitchen pass and the boat finds it's way to the ramp. Make the best of any available time.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the common denominator is any low light condition and or chop on the water. I'm guessing the clearer the water the more important it is. Thanks for all the responses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast