Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday 1/19 Truman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday 1/19 Truman

Went with the father-in-law and put in at Windsor about 8:30. Couldn't get bit over there. Very slow. Got a text from a fellow cdc member and decided to go give the Grand arm a shot. Caught fish in 25' of water 10-14' deep. When they hit it they smacked it! Had a really good time. Ended up with 17 between 9 1/2"-11". Biggest being 13". 1BadChampion was catching a bunch and he gave us a few. Ate fresh Crappie lastnight for dinner...good, good, good. Can't wait until the next time I can get down. Now if I can just get my boat back out of the shop....ready for spring. Here is a pick of a shad I took out of a 9 1/2" crappie! This thing was huge. Amazing how big of a shad a 9 1/2" fish will eat. And the father-in-laws best fish, he had big fish of the day.Name:  IMAG1242.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  43.9 KBName:  IMAG1237.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  95.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report, sure does help to have a friend to help out at times.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad it worked out for you two. I hate having to pull out of an arm and move but when it works it makes it all worth it. Glad to see we got your father in law hooked on the crappie instead of them slimey river fish. Congrats on a good day. I had a few things to get done before our company party or I would have followed you back up and shot the breeze a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie for dinner... winner winner, crappie dinner. That was the cap on my weekend on the water too. No better way.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a good day and ended it with a fresh fish dinner as a bonus.

Post Thanks / Like

nice report. congrats on the move, sounds like it paid off. about what time was it when you moved to the grand?

Post Thanks / Like

Where can I get me one of them caps like you're wearing with the bill sewed on backwards??????? congrats on the day...
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

congrat's on a nice trip! glad you were able to put your father in law on some fishies
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Beagle they headed up the Grand around noon. I even turned my hat around backwards the last 1/2 hour I was fishing. Wind was getting pretty gusty. That's when I decided to finish my limit and head out.

Post Thanks / Like

Monty-that is called a rally cap! When you haven't caught a fish by noon we had to change something up. It helped we put 17 more in the boat in a couple hours. I would get you one, but with the reports you usually give, it would rarely get used! Lol.

Beagle-about noon. Wish we would have earlier. It was nice to see a different ARM of the lake. Did a little exploring while we were over there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast