Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Moles....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moles....

got a few moles tearing up my yard...what is best way to get rid of them? Please, no Rodenator or such. Really want some help here..,

Post Thanks / Like

I could lend you my Jack Russell but your lawn would be in worse shape. You could also try mole traps, there's a lot of different ones on the market. Here's the one I use.
    Amazon.com: Victor 0645 Mole Trap Plunger Style: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

jerrybaker.com he makes tonics for the lawn that work.
    The Solar powered mole chasers from harbor freight work, 1 for a 60 foot circle. I use 10 in my garden.
    Spread something to kill the bugs in the soil.

Post Thanks / Like

Snakes, Cats, big dog. Take your pick.

Snakes eat rodant.
    CAts do too.
    Big dogs, especially labs and Shepards that are chained up will see the movement and will dig them up for food.

If those aren't an option, get rid of the moles food, grubs. Contact your local lawn care company (TruGreen) and have them come out and give you an estimate. OR go to your local lawn care store and buy the product yourself.

Then again, you could go sit outside around lunch time with a shovel near by. They dig for a short period of time, and if your quiet you can see them in action. Spade em out of the ground and beat em to death. Use your spade shovel, drive it int eh ground behind them and flip them out. As they try and run away, beat em over the head with the back side of the spade. Been an effective method for decades, if not centuries.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mole trap at Moleinator.com

It's a proven eliminator around these parts.

Post Thanks / Like

The castor bean plant is widely grown because its roots give off a natural mole repellent.

BUT it is highly poisonous in all parts. Not recommended, especially if there are young children around at all. A single bean is a fatal dose.

I expect though that mole repellents that are developed from castor bean plants are available that can be applied without the danger of anybody or anything ingesting a toxic dose. Also treating the lawn for insects, like beetle grubs in the sod will help somewhat because that is what moles eat along with earthworms. If you have several they are there for an abundant food supply. They normally do not tolerate each other to the point that when they do interact they generally fight to the death with the victor eating the loser, except when mating and sometimes not even then.

So you very likely also have an insect problem in your yard or the moles would not be there in groups.

Post Thanks / Like

Choker Loop Mole Trap is absolutely the best I've ever used.
    Mike